• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jlvs2run

random image generator

Does anyone know of a random image generator for learning CMLL?
I'm using a random word generator to learn 2 look CMLL, timing myself for each pass through the list.
I put the list to the left side of the timer, for example like this:

headlights
Yperm
bow tie
anti-sune
double headlights
bruno
sune
Jperm
blinkers

Is there a random image generator, that either has CMLL images or where I can upload my own drawings or images?

turtwig

Two questions:
What makes a puzzle or a step of a method trivial?
and
What counts as a deep cut puzzle? Is 2x2 technically a deep cut puzzle?

Joel2274

gonna post this in here because it is the only place that will answer the questions of my tiny brain
what is the difference between mean and average?????

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
gonna post this in here because it is the only place that will answer the questions of my tiny brain
what is the difference between mean and average?????

mean is where you take all the solves in a session and do the average of all of them average is designed to eliminate outliers so you take off the top and bottom 10% (I think correct me if I'm wrong someone please). So you get a more consistent set of times (in theory).

MindGap

Pls sanity check my cube? Old 3x3 from 80s has been apart can't solve (but prob me!)

Hi all

It's years since this cube has been solved/played - my wife retrieved it from her childhood toys and then last Christmas gave me a book because I got keen on wanting to solve it (never could as a kid) so I could show our children... Anyway, I can't get past row two - I think because of some edge parity problem - but it could be because I am simply confused with my instructions/too much of a noob!

My wife tells me it has definitely been apart - but probably not had stickers swapped/off.

When I compare it to the book I have (Dan Harris speedsolving the cube) it seems that my colours are non-standard.

Yellow is opposite White - I am using white as my base/bottom face.

I have solved bottom white face/row and middle row and when I look at the white face as (F)ront I have L=Red <-> R=Orange (U)pper=Blue <-> (B)ottom=Green

... and I *think* (for reasons I can't fully explain) it matters to work the final layer out from the way the edges are oriented that something is wrong and that maybe Blue and Green are non-standard compared to the Harris book (which may just be making it harder for me to orient myself to the tutorials (though I got this far by mentally swapping that axis)) and that when it was reassembled years ago it was done wrong - which Harris mentions if there is an odd number of edge swaps needed to solve the Yellow Cross with the central face crosses etc...

I can see I am going to need pics. Sorry all. I did a bit of searching to see if I could find a thread where I could work this out myself but I'm stumped so...

(getting photos sorted)...

Really all I need is two quick answers - not a solution necessarily:

1) Is my cube standard colour/orientation? ie is the face orientation I have described (pictured as well) sane and a standard model (BOY or something?) and maybe just *different* to the Dan Harris diagrams where Blue and Green seem to be parity switched...

2) Is the current situation/puzzle i have for the top layer soluble or do I have an edge parity/reassembly problem?

Thank you - and forgive me if I have taken advantage of a generous community willing to answer these questions for people who can't find otherwise obvious solutions to their own unique problem with google/search etc.

Cheers,
W
Rubik_OK_sm-1.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-2.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-3.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-4.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-5.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-6.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-7.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-8.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-9.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-10.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-11.jpg

Rubik_OK_sm-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
1) Is my cube standard colour/orientation? ie is the face orientation I have described (pictured as well) sane and a standard model (BOY or something?) and maybe just *different* to the Dan Harris diagrams where Blue and Green seem to be parity switched...

2) Is the current situation/puzzle i have for the top layer soluble or do I have an edge parity/reassembly problem?

1) The colour scheme has 2 opposite sides switched compared to the BOY scheme

2) Yes the cube is in a solvable state

Here is a link to an animation of how to solve it. Please note that in this animation the blue and green colours are swapped.
R U2 R' U' R U' R' U2 R U' L' U R' U' L

Praetorian

YouTube
Visit Channel
Two questions:
What makes a puzzle or a step of a method trivial?
and
What counts as a deep cut puzzle? Is 2x2 technically a deep cut puzzle?

pretty sure deep cut means when you turn some of it, it turns more than half of the whole puzzle at once, skewb is deep cut, 2x2 is exactly half whenever you turn a layer

MindGap

Wow - thanks for the solve! That's amazing! I finally got it solved overnight. Great site with the animation - I'm blown away with the resources available. Thank you very much Brest!

Regards,
Will

DELToS

QiYi Square-1 Help?

I was trying to force corner cut on my QiYi square-1 and it just got extremely loose all the sudden, now it has horrible lock ups, and pops and is way to fast. Help? I may be able to just tighten it, how do I do that?

timgabita

Does anyone know if the cube4you store is still active?
I placed an order and their external payment service does not work. I tried contacting them with no answer. Also, they haven't added new puzzles in quite a while.

Thanks.

babucubes

What do the 2 letter things mean in cubing

What does NR OR and that stuff mean in cubing? I see posts that say NR 1 in orange. What does that mean.

Renox

What is M-CELL?

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit noob-ish, but I couldn't find any info of what m cell is. Could someone explain?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/...Immune-System-(solving-method-potential-1LLL)
It's a set of methods which I proposed a while ago which uses a sort of LS method variant to provide a 1LLL. It's sort of like a Roux/CFOP hybrid.

It never really got off the ground and no one actually uses it (as far as I know) because the algs are a bit method specific ( And L5C algs have never been generated) so unless you wish to invest yourself in a method which, while potentially very good in my opinion, is entirely unproven, then there was no real reason to learn all the algs (although it could be good for FMC or Heise)

Last edited:

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel

No those are for 2x2. The 3x3 versions have never been generated (as far as I know) and are more like 5-cycles or double 3-cycles.

If you're really into the method, I can generate the algs for the full 3TCLL if you want but for now it may be better to use MGLS/COLL for that step and see if you like the feel for that.

Last edited: