• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mes

Does anyone know where to buy Moyu Weilong springs? When I first got mine I lubed it with Patroleum jelly, and now they're forever springy sounding. Please PM me!

catter1234

So I have rubicks 1.0 that I have recently lubricated. It turns quite well now, as long as the pieces are aligned well. I've thought about rounding the corners that touch the center-most cubie as much as I can. Does anyone know whether this would work, or have any alternatives?

NooberCuber

My main used to be a Moyu Aolong V1, which I absolutely adored, aside from the corner twisting. Recently, somehow, while it was in my backpack, a corner separated and one of the stalks broke off. Also, the triangular-prism thing that's inside all of the corners broke. I'm just planning to buy a new cube. Any recommendations for a feel similar to the Aolong?

it looks like the cubicle has Aolong V1 corners in stock if you want to buy a new corner for it

but if you want to buy a new cube get an aolong v2 maybe

Mes

Why are the middle layers of my new Yuxin 4X4 grindy and ridiculously slow out of the box?
Can it be solved with breaking in?

Sadly no, the outer layers are awesome, but the inner layers are really sluggish(And it hasn't gone away). For the grinding part, that would go away by breaking in, at least mine did.

JellyCube

Hey. I'm thinking of buying a QiYi thunderclap to replace my yuxin (which im not TOO happy with) but anyone know any Full Fitted stickers from the cubicle that would fit? They say default stickers are mini fangshi stickers.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have that cube and it's really good. I've yet to replace the stickers but i got a fangshi 57mm set for mine. 54.6 fangshi stickers should work well. The cube is 56.5mm so if you like your stickers to cover the cube more, I would get the 57mm ones Instead.

Edit: The 57mm fit very well, the the mini fangshi set should work as well.

Last edited:

NooberCuber

I'm going to my fisst cubing competition soon :)
However I don't own a stackmat

How should I go about practicing?
I use ChaoTimer as my timer should I try some averages with the drop to stop option?
Thanks

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm going to my fisst cubing competition soon :)
However I don't own a stackmat

How should I go about practicing?
I use ChaoTimer as my timer should I try some averages with the drop to stop option?
Thanks
You can ask to borrow other people's timers to practise at the competition. For now, try using any phone timer, with the cube in front of the phone and you starting/stopping the timer with both hands on the phone.

Anthonyea27

Shengshou transition

Hey guys. I was talking to my dad earlier today and showing him different cubes on Amazon. We both saw the shengshou 2x2-5x5 pack for about $16, and my dad decided to order it without me saying anything or even clicking on it. I don't know much about shangshou either

So my question is: is shengshou a good brand, and how hard is it to transition from the rubiks version 2.0 cube to a shengshou?

Last edited: