• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

transatlantic

First of all don't tell me the difference is that one is stickers and one is not.. I'm not retarded. What i want to know is if there is a different mechanism, different plastic, different shape, etc. I just bought a stickerless along v2 and am just curious to know whether the stickered version is better or faster or if there is anything special it has over the stickerless. so i guess I'm asking those of you ho have or had both aolongs. But the same thing goes for the Dayan Zhanchis too because i was thinking about getting a stickered Zhanchi. Please let me know, Thanks!

Wylie28

WCA
2014FORI01
First of all don't tell me the difference is that one is stickers and one is not.. I'm not retarded. What i want to know is if there is a different mechanism, different plastic, different shape, etc. I just bought a stickerless along v2 and am just curious to know whether the stickered version is better or faster or if there is anything special it has over the stickerless. so i guess I'm asking those of you ho have or had both aolongs. But the same thing goes for the Dayan Zhanchis too because i was thinking about getting a stickered Zhanchi. Please let me know, Thanks!
no... but stickerless ones are illegal in competitions. This is perfectly google-able or askable in the one answer question thread please do that next time threads are for disscussions

Blurry

I think/presume that there is a plastic difference and due to that people prefer stickerless cubes 'feel'.
People buy stickerless cores and replace the pieces with coloured because of the supposed difference.
Youtubers like CrazyBadCuber have even made videos on how to dye stickerless puzzles to be comp legal and still have the 'feel'.
I've personally never tried it but eh.

PBCubing

U don't know about the Aolongs but I do have both zhanchis and the stickered one is alot better. Mech is the same and so is the shape. Snickered ones are legal in comps so I would recommend that one.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I don't think there is a reason why they could be significantly different. I would like to do a blinded test though.

DanCube

competition cubes

Hey, guys in comps are you allowed to use a YJ GuanLong 3x3x3 Magic Cube Black 56mm?

giorgi

WCA
2013TARI01
I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find a satisfactory answer to it.

After disassembling my Aosu, tensioning it, and reassembling it, two of the three inner layers started catching on something, and I can't figure out what the problem is or a solution.

Any help would be much appreciated.

same thing happened to me yesterday

Dong

Umm, anyone know why my YuXin 3x3 has horrible reverse corner cutting? Even for around 15 degrees it takes quite a bit of force and makes a really annoying clicking noise when it finally corner cuts.

LiquidDnB

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,
I have noticed that in some models of the Moyu Weilong V2(not sure about v1) ship with the more rounded, Aolong-style stock stickers, like the ones in this video, and other videos from this month(March 2015) However, many stores show the more squared stickers, and in older reviews like this one the stickers are also more squared. I don't it makes any difference, but does it? Also, when did the Weilongs start shipping with the new stickers?

Also, would you guys recommend the Rubiks™ Speed Cube(in the Pro pack)? I am kinda skeptical of the rubiks brand, it was my first cube(the old one with vinyl stickers) and it was pretty slow and locked up so much.

Lastly,on my stickerless YJ Yulong cube, I have noticed that the corner cutting, previously 45º, is now around 10-20º, and even worse on some sides. I do not know what to do here,though I think it is a problem with the core. Any advise here?

Thanks(and yes, this is my first post on the forums, although I am not new to forums in general)
-LiquidDnB

Last edited:

Nutter

Does anyone know what shades of stickers are the ones that Shengshou use.
Thanks in advance

QQW

WCA
2014WANG26
I have quite a long question, but I finally decided not to create a thread for it and just post it in here.
So is it possible to design a functional(better than Rubik's brand) 3x3x3 with CAD software and print it with Shapeways? How difficult is it and what are the major costs? Is Shapeways plastic good for speedcubes? Is there a better way to create an original 3x3 cube? I plan to do a project on this so I would like to know the feasibility and difficulty of this. Any guide or instructions to basic 3D design and printing(low-cost, I don't plan to mass-produce the cube) would also be greatly appreciated. How hard is it to use CAD software? Which ones can be used to create cubes? Many open-end questions, would like to have answers.
Also, I have up to a year to do this so the complexity isn't really an issue

Edit: how about Sculptris as a design software?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a type of puzzle?

I just wanted to know if this was a type of puzzle people make. I was messing with my cube the other day and when i was putting it back together i left four corners out and this was made. It's not that difficult to solve you just guess kind of what pieces are which. I just wanted to know if some people made these professionally.

Attachments

• 10329227_915332001864006_1243253156987680991_n.jpg
    10329227_915332001864006_1243253156987680991_n.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 36

harryrunes

I just wanted to know if this was a type of puzzle people make. I was messing with my cube the other day and when i was putting it back together i left four corners out and this was made. It's not that difficult to solve you just guess kind of what pieces are which. I just wanted to know if some people made these professionally.

I've actually done that mod (very poorly) on a YJ Guanlong because I got bored one Saturday. I just sanded down what would be the corner caps if it was a fangshi, and due to the construction that the Guanlong uses I just glued back on part of the piece that would normally have been held in by the part I sanded off. It is fun to solve and I would like to see one made by someone better than I, however this is the first time I've seen anyone else talk about it, much less do it, most likely because it is such an easy mod and a fairly easy puzzle.