• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Samlambert

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is this a thread where I get to ask a question? :confused:

What makes an alg a "2-gen?" I've heard this term and I don't understand.

2-gen means the alg only uses two sides, example: RU(also includes R2, U2 etc), MU, LU, FR, etc etc

What UPSB? :)

Untied Postal Service Banks?
U Put Sock Backwards?
Up Position Slide Back
Uranius Picked Shoes, Boy!

Universal Pen Spinning Board

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
and theres always just standard oll and pll :)
(ive never really looked at mgls so i really dont know anything about it, except that it orients all the ll corners and one in the bottom layer)

btw slncuber: CaptainCrash44 (ErikJ) has a good video on mgls if ur interested

Last edited by a moderator:

giorgi

WCA
2013TARI01
I am currently finnishing learning Cll on 2x2 . My question is how much time will it take me to get to sub-4 ? sub-3.5? sub-3? after learning Cll. I am using Ortega just now and I average around 4.5

Wylie28

WCA
2014FORI01
Scramble the cube, solve the cross blindfolded as fast as you can, re-scramble. If you want to work on cross-f2l transition you can solve the cross while looking for your next f2l pair and sovle it before re-scrambling.

lerenard

At what point are you considered sub X? Once you have an average of 5? average of 12? or basically just you can pick up any cube and, given 15 seconds of inspection, confidently solve it in less than X seconds every time? I ask because I do a lot of untimed, slow solves to look for new tricks and such, and then every now and then I'll do an average of 12. I just did several 35 second solves (which really dissapointed me) but then after I got warmed up (I guess?) I got a PB ao12 of 29.14 with a 25 second ao5.

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
At what point are you considered sub X? Once you have an average of 5? average of 12? or basically just you can pick up any cube and, given 15 seconds of inspection, confidently solve it in less than X seconds every time? I ask because I do a lot of untimed, slow solves to look for new tricks and such, and then every now and then I'll do an average of 12. I just did several 35 second solves (which really dissapointed me) but then after I got warmed up (I guess?) I got a PB ao12 of 29.14 with a 25 second ao5.

imagine yourself all warmed up. assuming you don't improve while solving, what do you think you would get for an average of 1000?

lerenard

Probably like 33 seconds, but there would be a high standard deviation. A few 25 second solves in a row, and then a couple 38 second ones. Here is my most recent ao12:
00:32.26
00:34.35
00:28.54
00:23.16
00:30.70
00:23.96
00:23.88
00:29.54
00:26.24
00:30.94
00:30.97
00:34.37

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel

I'd say definitely not with just a Ao5 / Ao12 once (I have now a PB Ao5 of 19.82 and I don't consider myself sub-20 at all). But I wouldn't go as far as "every time sub X". You can sometimes have a bad solve well over X or a mistake or a DNF... and still be sub X but your long time average (e.g. Ao1000 - 5000, ...) should be sub X. At least your long averages (Ao50 / 100) should be sub X "most of the time" (e.g. > 90% of the time). That's how I see it.

Last edited: