• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Robinbar

I have been using yau now and I use 3-2-3 pairing. Only sometimes I end up with a case where I end up with 2 unsolved edges(4 pieces in total) lets say the blue red edge and the blue orange edge. But the blue red piece is next to the blue orange piece, and ofcourse the other blue red piece is also next to the blue orange piece, so I have 2 incorrect pairs, how do you solve that, I could place them with their same color in their mutal face and do d R F' U R' F d' but that messes up the cross. Any efficient solutions?

Forcefulness

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have been using yau now and I use 3-2-3 pairing. Only sometimes I end up with a case where I end up with 2 unsolved edges(4 pieces in total) lets say the blue red edge and the blue orange edge. But the blue red piece is next to the blue orange piece, and ofcourse the other blue red piece is also next to the blue orange piece, so I have 2 incorrect pairs, how do you solve that, I could place them with their same color in their mutal face and do d R F' U R' F d' but that messes up the cross. Any efficient solutions?

Set them up the same way, but use u' R U R' F R' F' R u

Zdudel11

Averaging 26-28 seconds with CFOP been stuck for a few weeks. Should I learn ZZ or is it not worth the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Averaging 26-28 seconds with CFOP been stuck for a few weeks. Should I learn ZZ or is it not worth the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, IMO it's always worth at least knowing how to do all sorts of methods.

I think you should work on your smoothness because that's generally what gets people stuck so do slow solves and work on lookahead.

Tanish

WCA
2015AGAR11

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
probably some blockbuilding method

I'd say that blockbuilding methods need more lookahead as they are more intuitive (e.g. Roux, Petrus) while CFOP and ZZ are more algorithmic and mechanic so they need less lookahead and you can turn faster. That does not mean they don't need lookahead to get fast, but I'd say they are relatively less dependent on very good lookahead to get at least decent times. From the two I'd say CFOP is the one that relies the least on lookahead, as ZZ still needs some blockbuilding if you want to be efficient with the two cross edges remaining after EOLine.

zen3gr

Hello ppl. I read this at a reddit discussion:
"just take a metronome and start with speed 85... you move while the metronome ticks and you arent allowed to pause... after 2 days im at speed 120, and every day you can go a little faster. If you dont have a metronome, then search one online"

Is it worth doing? Do you believe it would help anyone for going faster?

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
"just take a metronome and start with speed 85... you move while the metronome ticks and you arent allowed to pause... after 2 days im at speed 120, and every day you can go a little faster. If you dont have a metronome, then search one online"

The purpose of that is not developing higher TPS but developing better lookahead. So you only would go as fast as you can maintain the pace without pausing, e.g. between F2L pairs. I have never tried, though.

Tanish

WCA
2015AGAR11

Hey that's what I do to practice look ahead!
But the difference is that I started with 40 bpm(beats per minute) and currently I'm at 95 bpm

Tanish

WCA
2015AGAR11
The purpose of that is not developing higher TPS but developing better lookahead. So you only would go as fast as you can maintain the pace without pausing, e.g. between F2L pairs. I have never tried, though.

Nope. It can increase your tps althought its not the most efficient way. For example- if you practice at 420bpm, then you need to turn at 7 per second- 420/60=7
But yes, its mainly to practice look ahead and after some practice you can implement the look ahead in your solves and eventually, you'll get better at it. (sorry for my bad english)

sub20oneday

im sub 25 with a pb of 17 i like roux and zz but for roux i have the lookahead of a blind cow and for zz im just faster than sammy the snail at eoline is it too late to switch if not what should i switch to

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
im sub 25 with a pb of 17 i like roux and zz but for roux i have the lookahead of a blind cow and for zz im just faster than sammy the snail at eoline is it too late to switch if not what should i switch to

it's never too late to switch. Do what you like the most and you'll get to where you want more cause you'll enjoy it more. Look at Tao Yu.

Robinbar

How do most pros tension their 3x3? Do they keep the tension out of the box or do they loosen it or tighten it?
And how do you get even tension on all six sides?