• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lawrence Spring Open 2015 (Kansas, USA)

RjFx2

Is anyone selling a moyu 5x5? any kind? My SS just won't stop popping and I need a new 5x5, and a new one can't come in until after the comp. I really need it as I am signed up for the 5x5 competition. I need a 5x5 that won't pop on me. Please help me. :(

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey! I haven't been on here in a long time! Close to 100 competitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's gonna be crazy compared to last comp! Thanks ShadowKiller (or do you prefer Zach or something similar) for making a competition in the KS area in roughly two years, so newer cubers could have fun at the new comp. I can't believe how many people are coming (is it because of Kevin Hays and/or the Minnesota crew?)!!!!!!!!! I will be at the competition, but I need to PRACTICE!!!!! It'll be hard for me on 3x3 because I recently (past two-ish months) became color neutral. Here's my goals for this comp!!!! (I'd like to give a shoutout to Rocky for.... idk, being a good cuber :) )
3x3: Sub 21-ish average, at least two sub-20 solves
2x2: Sub 7-ish average, at least one sub-5 solve
5x5: Get close to the cut-off
Skewb: Be as lucky as I was at Colorado Springs 2015 (12.?? average after a week of getting the cube, check out my WCA profile <--)
Pyra: 7-ish average, 6-ish single
Mega: Do OK!!! :)
Other: Watch someone (KH, CO, etc.) get some sort of record.

Thank you everyone for being awesome!
Thanks for the shoutout haha. I am really excited. Let's actually make sure we meet up though since I never actually met you the last time.

Noooooooooooooooooooo... I did not know online registration was going to close. I got on today to do it and saw it was closed. No big cubes :(
Aw, that sucks man :( It's awesome to see that you can come though, I haven't seen you on here in a while.

Is anyone selling a moyu 5x5? any kind? My SS just won't stop popping and I need a new 5x5, and a new one can't come in until after the comp. I really need it as I am signed up for the 5x5 competition. I need a 5x5 that won't pop on me. Please help me. :(
I'm not selling one simce my HuaChuang is basically my baby since 5x5 is my favorite event, but I'll let you borrow it for your average if you want so you don't get any pops. I've only had like two pops on it.

Goals!:
2x2: Sub 5 single, sub 6 average
3x3: sub 15 single, sub 16.5 average and make it to the second round
5x5: Sub 1:55 single and sub 2:00 average
6x6: No explosions, sub 4:15 single and sub 4:20 mean
Pyra: Lol, sub 15 average
OH: Sub 35 single and sub 40 average

Judge a sub 10 single

WCA
2013BARK01
Wow, the competition is in only 3 days. I'm getting pretty excited.
My goals:
2x2: Sub 5 single, Sub 7 average, make the second round?
3x3: Sub 15 single, Sub 17 average, make the second round.
4x4: Wait... there is no 4x4.
5x5: Sub 165 single, Sub 180 average
Pyraminx: Sub 10 single, Sub 15 average
Skewb: Sub 15 single, Sub 20 average

Yeah, I'm only doing 5 events. It will still be fun though. I'm not doing 6x6 because I suck at it and I would barely (maybe not even) make the hard cutoff.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

If you were to order form cubes4speed.com they have free two day shipping on orders > $10 bucks (which that is) so if you were t order it NOW you might be able to get it by friday. Probably not but the prices are really good any way.

Psyph3r

My goal:

Attend.

I think it is achievable but work keeps trying to schedule things on Saturday and "But Rubik's Cubes." only works on so many things.

TheDubDubJr

Cupcake
WCA
2011WELC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Goals
2x2 - Sub-3 Average
3x3 - Sub-9 Single
5x5 - Sub-PB Single and Average
6x6 - Sub-2:30 Single and Sub-2:40 Average
OH - Sub-17 Single
Skewb - ewwww
Pyra - Sub-5 Average and Sub-3 Single???
Mega - Do decent

Selling some puzzles including:
White Modded SS 5x5
White SS 6x6
White Mf8 Gigaminx
Black Mf8 Megaminx
White Moyu WeiSu 4x4
White Moyu AoChuang 5x5 (if RjFx2 doesn't want it)

Last edited:

RjFx2

Thanks if you offered to let me buy/borrow a 5x5, but I found a place where I could probably get one by Friday, but if it doesn't come in, I would wither borrow from Rocky, or buy one from DubDub if we have to go up at the same time or so. Thanks.
Pryge:
Pyra: Sub 5 Avg and Podium
Hope you podium, but kindof want you to do horrible:cool: so I have a chance to get third on pyraminx, my best event, which I still probably won't get third even if you fail. :(

shadowkiller168

Premium Member
WCA
2014PASC03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Goals
2x2 - Sub-3 Average
3x3 - Sub-9 Single
OH - Sub-17 Single
Skewb - ewwww
Mega - Do decent

White Modded SS 5x5
White SS 6x6
White Mf8 Gigaminx
Black Mf8 Megaminx
White Moyu WeiSu

How much for that Gigaminx and Megaminx?

JK

WCA
2012PANJ02
Goals: get a sub 2 average on 2x2 on the Sunday competition. Not this competition haha.

Last edited:

DavidCip86

WCA
2014CIPR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Goals
2x2 - Sub-3 Average
3x3 - Sub-9 Single
OH - Sub-17 Single
Skewb - ewwww
Mega - Do decent

White Modded SS 5x5
White SS 6x6
White Mf8 Gigaminx
Black Mf8 Megaminx
White Moyu WeiSu 4x4

I'm interested in the 6x6. Have you replaced the springs or done any other mods to it? And does it pop a lot? Because mine pops a lot but I've tried another that was a lot better. Also how much would you want for it?