• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lawrence Spring Open 2015 (Kansas, USA)

Pryge

WCA
2013VAKU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you'll have no problem making the cutoff. I doubt that you'd be able to judge his 6x6 though. IDK who the delegate is, but they'll probabl want to judge it themselves since it could potentially record breaking.
Nah it's pretty easy to judge a specific person at a local comp like this. All you gotta do is be a judge at one of the two middle tables.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't have anything you want as a trade (Want a pillowed V-cube with pealing stickers? Or maybe a Rubik's brand with a 4 shades of gray a silver reflective side and a black side? plus it has a sticker missing just for you!) I'll trade those for it! that's two expensive (and crap) puzzle's for 1 (the v-cube was $25 :confused:) I may even throw in my SS 3x3 (don't mind the missing red cap or the fact that it's not even a aurora or wind) that's like $40 bucks of puzzles to the $5! Is it sad that the SS was my back up? I don't think it would be comp legal any way. The v-cube would tho! What do you say? I'll think about buying (but I will trade it for what I said :p)

Last edited:

Psyph3r

Haha yea it's no problem. You guys have already given me well more than five Bucks of knowledge. All I ask is that you let me test some of your bigger cubes before I buy one for speed cubing so I can make an educAted decision rocky.

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So is there any point in showing up to the Lawrence comp if you don't plan on competing? just to hang out with people between rounds or whatever?

Yes, even if you don't complete its still fun to hang out. But I *highly* suggests you compete. You will look back at it one day and be bummed that you didn't. You might even be bummed the day of.

Psyph3r

I am going to be the old guy with the taped nipples that they have to wait to tear down the course until he finishes. He finally gets to the finish line and has a heart attack on the spot and they have to call an ambulance. Everyone is thinking, "why did this guy even try the first place finisher had 1/4 his time."

^That's me

Aussie

WCA
2014GREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am going to be the old guy with the taped nipples that they have to wait to tear down the course until he finishes. He finally gets to the finish line and has a heart attack on the spot and they have to call an ambulance. Everyone is thinking, "why did this guy even try the first place finisher had 1/4 his time."

^That's me

As long as you can solve the 3x3 in under 10 minutes, you should compete. :p

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel

^That's me

Your PBs don't seem to suggest that you're very slow. I would compete.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel

^That's me

You can more than safely compete, it's definitely worth it! I didn't compete until averaging 13ish and I really regret it sometimes.