• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KCubing (Kansas city cubing group)

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello Cubers in the Kansas City area! There are a few cubers in the Kansas city area(ish) that are trying to get together and cube. The conversation so far has been on https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?49466-Lawrence-Kansas-competition

If you are in the Kansas city area this would be a good thread for you to follow (wink wink) We have had one meet up so far. I you are interested in coming just join the conversation! Right now we are preparing for the Lawrence comp on November first. We are thinking about another meet up in a week or two.

P.S. Pyraminx is bad and you should never do it.

Last edited:

danchoi955

We are completely out of town on that weekend starting the 17th. Again, I'm hoping for the 25th, evening for a practice. I'm in the Olathe area so hit me up if anyone close by needs a ride.

RjFx2

Hey guys, I'm going to the competition, i don't know if I could meet up before then, but i'd like to try.

danchoi955

Hey guys, anyone going to the chess tournament at Blue Valley Chess Classic on the 25th? That would be a great time to practice cubing between matches. I have two cubers with me, my son and his friend. It's a whole day tournament, so I was thinking that we could have the cubing practice at 6 or 7pm. Maybe same place as last time at Barnes & Noble. Who can make it?

danchoi955

The meeting on the 25th this Saturday is on. I definitely have two cubers with me. As you all know the competition is Nov. 1st so meeting up before hand is a benefit to all. Sounds like Rocky0701 will make it, and a maybe for RjFx2. Anyone else? If no one else, I'm consider having it at the Starbucks on 135th and Blackbob which is near my house. Let me know.

What: Cubing practices/discussion/comp/get-together to prepare for Lawrence Comp on Nov. 1st
Date: Saturday, 25th Oct. 2014
Time: 7PM-9PM
Where: Barnes & Noble Book Store's coffee shop, 119th & Roe, Overland Park, KS
What to bring: 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, skewb, pyraminx, etc.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey danchoi. I can't make 7 because my parents are going to a world series party and wouldn't be able to drop me off since the game starts at 7. Saturday is really the only time I could make it this weekend because I have band on Friday and am going to the Cheifs game on Sunday. I know you have a chess tournament on Saturday, but could you do it any earlier? Sorry for the short notice.

danchoi955

I'm not seeing a whole lot of interest in the meeting tomorrow, but we'll be there. Rocky0701 - no offence taken. Would 6pm be better?

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not seeing a whole lot of interest in the meeting tomorrow, but we'll be there. Rocky0701 - no offence taken. Would 6pm be better?
I'll check with my parents and get back to you tomorrow morning, but probably. Can you guys bring all your cubes that you could potentially trade? I don't have a ton, but I'll bring mine.

Hey Rocky, you going to the competition? me and my brother are going
I don't think so, I am going to a marching competition for band and it will probably take up most of the day. If I can go it will just be in the morning for a couple of hours. Are you going tomorrow night?

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I talked to my parents and they said no. Sorry. They said that since they already have plans for the World Series party they don't want to cancel at the last minute to come to Barnes and Noble with me, they want me to either find out a different date, or to wait until the next competition.

danchoi955

Ok, we are going to cancel. Two is not enough for a party. I will try to plan something for this week before the competition. Anyone interested? Wednesday night might work.