• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedsolving.com now uses HTTPS

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I removed then readded speedsolving and when I tried to join it said:
Access Denied: This forum is currently not available, please try again later.

When trying to view the forum it spins as if it's loading but never loads. :\

I had that yesterday. I wonder if it pertains to the device you're on? I did exactly what you did, and it's magically working again.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Every time I visit www.speedsolving.com
I get a message/(something) like cPanel
But when I visit with another url it works
www.speedsolving.com/xxxxxx+c_fdfdf
Refresh your cache in your browser, and let me know if that solves the issue.

I removed then readded speedsolving and when I tried to join it said:
Access Denied: This forum is currently not available, please try again later.

When trying to view the forum it spins as if it's loading but never loads. :\
The issue with Tapatalk has been resolved (though may take 24 hours to propagate). It was probably being fixed at the time you tried, and therefore seemed to happen magically. The issue was definitely related to the backend. Note that I have some big plans for mobile in the future, so this isn't a big issue ;)

Refresh your cache. All of those pages load fine for me. Let me know if that works.

Last edited:

chris410

I now get a popup window every visit, warning me of a security risk, saying 'the name on the Security Certificate doesn't match the name of the site'

This is ok, they are using a self signed cert which will prompt this warning since it is not a registered cert. The only time this should cause a concern is if your bank or any other financial site has this warning.

A Leman

Refresh your cache. All of those pages load fine for me. Let me know if that works.

No joy. I also tried internet explorer with the same results. Here is a screenshot of an error that google chrome gave me when I opened a zb alg page.
zberrors2.PNG

Millet

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm having the same problem with all cases that uses the generated pictures as well. Tried clearing my cache, still the same problem.

Artic

Was something changed recently? I can no longer access the site both from my work computer, or from my laptop at home. Both of them give me the same error: Webpage down temporarily. The common denominator is that both run Chrome and XP. It just happened yesterday, so something must have been changed.

I really hope it's fixed! :)

Last edited:

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I'm having the same problem with all cases that uses the generated pictures as well. Tried clearing my cache, still the same problem.
In regards to the alg DB, please see this thread:
https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/...e-Discussion&p=1024551&viewfull=1#post1024551

Was something changed recently? I can no longer access the site both from my work computer, or from my laptop at home. Both of them give me the same error: Webpage down temporarily. The common denominator is that both run Chrome and XP. It just happened yesterday, so something must have been changed.

I really hope it's fixed! :)
Not sure why that would be. Is anyone else having this issue? Can you please take a screenshot?

brian724080

On one of my computers running Windows 7. Chrome gives an error when I try to access this webpage - ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Artic

Here is a screenshot of the error. I have now tried to log on from every work and school computer running XP and Chrome, and they all give the same error. My home XP/Chrome laptop also gives the same error. I really hope it's fixed.

242vj0p.jpg

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
On one of my computers running Windows 7. Chrome gives an error when I try to access this webpage - ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Here is a screenshot of the error. I have now tried to log on from every work and school computer running XP and Chrome, and they all give the same error. My home XP/Chrome laptop also gives the same error. I really hope it's fixed.

http://i57.tinypic.com/242vj0p.jpg
Clear your cache. It appears to be an issue with your workstation:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...mismatch/567fd181-7a27-48c5-95d1-b3095df255ec

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I cleared the cache on the lab computers and also on my laptop, but still the error remains. Everything was fine up until a few days ago when the site changed to https. From that point forward the errors started cropping up.
The issue is related to the https, but not sure why you're seeing that error. Can you refresh cache again and report back?

Anyone else experiencing the same problems still?