• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Moyu Weilong v3

Sebastien

Premium Member
WCA
2008AURO01
Hi all.

Right now, I am terribly confused and I hope for some clarification. So here is the story:

After my girlfriend ordered a Hualong from TheCubicle and liked it a lot, I decided to order one myself. So I bought the HuaLong from Lightake.com and it arrived today.

Well, now it gets weird:
- The box of the cube I received says HuanLong, not Hualong.
- The pieces of my new cube look exactly like the ones from the first post of this thread, which seem to be the same as the pieces in the HuaLong pictures of the cubicle
- However, my girlfriend's HuaLong looks way different.
- But: even though my girlfriend received her "HuaLong" in a box with "HuaLong" on it, we just compared it with my AoLong v2 and the edge and corner pieces seem to be identical.

So, what happened there?
Are the HuaLong and the AoLong v2 really that similar?
Or is the HuaLong the cube from this thread and did I get a HuaLong in a HuanLong box and my girlfriend got a AoLong v2 in a HuaLong box?
Is there actually a Moyu HuanLong?
But if not, where does that HuanLong box come from (it is really different from the HuaLong box, clearly says HuanLong and has no Feliks on it)?

rock1t

Hi all.

Right now, I am terribly confused and I hope for some clarification. So here is the story:

After my girlfriend ordered a Hualong from TheCubicle and liked it a lot, I decided to order one myself. So I bought the HuaLong from Lightake.com and it arrived today.

Well, now it gets weird:
- The box of the cube I received says HuanLong, not Hualong.
- The pieces of my new cube look exactly like the ones from the first post of this thread, which seem to be the same as the pieces in the HuaLong pictures of the cubicle
- However, my girlfriend's HuaLong looks way different.
- But: even though my girlfriend received her "HuaLong" in a box with "HuaLong" on it, we just compared it with my AoLong v2 and the edge and corner pieces seem to be identical.

So, what happened there?
Are the HuaLong and the AoLong v2 really that similar?
Or is the HuaLong the cube from this thread and did I get a HuaLong in a HuanLong box and my girlfriend got a AoLong v2 in a HuaLong box?
Is there actually a Moyu HuanLong?
But if not, where does that HuanLong box come from (it is really different from the HuaLong box, clearly says HuanLong and has no Feliks on it)?

Lightake always ********* order up. Don't order from there, I bought some products and some never arrived, and other have the wrong products (came after 2 months)

anyway, can you send the picture of the piece on your cube? So we can see which cube is which

Huanlong = Hualong
From lightake you might see HuanLong but if you order at other cube store you will see HuaLong

AoLong and HuaLong are a little similar

The boxes are different because MoYu have removed Feliks from new box not too long ago

Last edited:

gokkar

I've heard that the HuaLong and HuanLong are the same cube, but that they may use different plastic. It's also possible that your girlfriend received an AoLong that had been mis-packaged into a HuaLong box. I've had that happen to me before, when I ordered a DianMa from The Cubicle, and the DianMa box contained a WeiLong V2.

Sebastien

Premium Member
WCA
2008AURO01
Thanks for the replies.

It wouldn't add anything if I made pictures of the cube, the pieces are really exactly as in the pictures of this thread and as in the picture from TheCubible that I linked.

So it really seems like the HuaLong runs under HuaLong and HuanLong and that my girlfriend simply got an AoLong v2 in a HuaLong box. :/

By the way, I found a review on youtube containing the same "HuanLong" box that I got, containing the same cube that I got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ysyN8uuUQQ

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
Guys a hualong is a completely different thing from a huanlong :p.a huanlong is a moyu cube that was made like 2 years ago or something. I know this because I won huanlongs at a competition a few months ago thinking they were hualongs, but they ended up being really really crappy so I reasearched and found out it was a different cube. Then I went and ordered myself a hualong XD.

As for your girlfriends cube, how are the corners? Aolong v2 edges are extremely alike, if not identical, but the corners of a hualong have three holes in each of them and look quite a bit different. Same with the centers.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys a hualong is a completely different thing from a huanlong :p.a huanlong is a moyu cube that was made like 2 years ago or something. I know this because I won huanlongs at a competition a few months ago thinking they were hualongs, but they ended up being really really crappy so I reasearched and found out it was a different cube. Then I went and ordered myself a hualong XD.

As for your girlfriends cube, how are the corners? Aolong v2 edges are extremely alike, if not identical, but the corners of a hualong have three holes in each of them and look quite a bit different. Same with the centers.

this must be clarified. HUALONG=HUANLONG. moyu changed the name on the box after release. the cube you are referring to from 2 years ago is the HUANYING.