• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Failures Thread

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
7x7 BLD: DNF

Sixth attempt

[43:00 memo, 1:18:41 total, 4 lob, 4 rob, 8 ox, 6 o+, 4 ow]

I had 4 1x5 bar centers messed up on opposite sides. I must have screwed up when shooting to Ul outer wing because the other wings that were wrong succeeded that in my memo. Other than that, I had 2 o+ centers I must have memo'd wrong or something.

Last edited:

etshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
7x7 BLD: DNF

Sixth attempt

[43:00 memo, 1:18:41 total, 4 lob, 4 rob, 8 ox, 6 o+, 4 ow]

I had 4 1x5 bar centers messed up on opposite sides. I must have screwed up when shooting to Ul outer wing because the other wings that were wrong succeeded that in my memo. Other than that, I had 2 o+ centers I must have memo'd wrong or something.

You're getting close :) I hope you get it soon :)
btw what do you average on 4BLD and 5BLD ?

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
First 5BLD that I have done in like 8-9 months: off by 5 midges. I think I did an M3 during midges. I'm pretty surprised how close I was with that long of a break.

If you did an M3, surely you would have some centres wrong as well? If it was just 5 midges it would have been a midge error in choosing the right target or something like that.

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
MultiBLD: 3/6 in 40 something minutes. Memo was strong.

Fails: 2 flipped edges
2 twisted corners
3 twisted corners which i remembered before doing placing the corners. During exec I forgot them

I did an H-perm on one of the cubes :3
I'm seriously considering becoming a BLD solver

6x6x6 BLD - DNF (1st try)
I didnt take the time, but i solved VEEEEEEERY slow, execution ~ 25 minutes.
I learned A LOT on that execution. Memo is pretty easy, no problems with that. I learned a lot about solving oblique centers. While solving, i knew that i did some mistakes so i wasnt nervous at all. I will do another one later i think.

kfauflfm.jpg

Greetings, Dennis

etshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
6x6x6 BLD - DNF (1st try)
I didnt take the time, but i solved VEEEEEEERY slow, execution ~ 25 minutes.
I learned A LOT on that execution. Memo is pretty easy, no problems with that. I learned a lot about solving oblique centers. While solving, i knew that i did some mistakes so i wasnt nervous at all. I will do another one later i think.

kfauflfm.jpg

Greetings, Dennis

Do you use U2 also to solve obliques ?