• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Failures Thread

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hah, thanks! :p

3rd Attempt, 2-7BLD relay 4:10:45.24[2:52:03.47]
Got the 3, 4 and 6. Forgotten the last 4 wings memo for 5, did very wrong execution on 2(mistake while undoing cube rotation). Fail the 7 because of messed up setup moves. Did setup for A, B and undo setup in A' B' instead of B' A'. :fp

Wow - multiple attempts - nice! I've still only tried the once. :( And I've never done an over 4 hour attempt at anything, so you win hands down with that. My biggest attempt of anything ever was just a little over 3 hours (I've done several of those).

NevinsCPH

WCA
2010CHAN20
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow - multiple attempts - nice! I've still only tried the once. :( And I've never done an over 4 hour attempt at anything, so you win hands down with that. My biggest attempt of anything ever was just a little over 3 hours (I've done several of those).

Your accuracy is what makes me jealous. You are so much faster than me too in memo and probably execution too.

omer

Can't believe it, just did a 3BLD that went really good, I open my eyes, everything is fine, time is PB, I look around the cube and... A TWISTED CORNER! not flipped with another corner, just one single twisted corner... Damn guhong!

mande

WCA
2008MAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
5/7 multi (39:xx) in comp...fail
i recalled memo plenty of times, dont know where i went wrong :(
First cube solved (last memod) was off by a 3 corner cycle, and second solved (first memod) off by 3 edges :(
My aim was at least 6/7...will try at least 10 in my next comp (Jan 19)

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can't believe it, just did a 3BLD that went really good, I open my eyes, everything is fine, time is PB, I look around the cube and... A TWISTED CORNER! not flipped with another corner, just one single twisted corner... Damn guhong!

If it's just one and you reviewed the scramble to make sure it was actually a twist on that corner and wasn't a memorization mistake, I'd still count it as PB, probably, depending on how honest I was feeling at the moment.

omer

If it's just one and you reviewed the scramble to make sure it was actually a twist on that corner and wasn't a memorization mistake, I'd still count it as PB, probably, depending on how honest I was feeling at the moment.
What do you mean a memo mistake? the corner itself was twisted during the solve, I mean physically twisted to an unsolvable state. The corner was my Classic Pochmann buffer so it's not even something I care about during memo.

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
Decided to try 5BLD on the way back from Canberra. Untimed, but probably spent about 30-40 mins on it.

DNF, off by 4 +centres, 2 xcentres and 6 wings. Not bad for a first attempt, although I have no idea where I made the mistakes.

DrKorbin

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
2-7 relay: 2:49:32.25[1:34:29.09]

2x2, 3x3, 5x5 - solved.
4x4 - 3-cycle in wings, 2-cycle in x-centers.
6x6 - 3 3-cycles in outer wings, 3-cycle in obliques, 2-cycle in inner x-centers.
7x7 - 3-cycle in outer x-centers.

WCA
2011BOYD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
2/7 MBLD In 53:46. I Had my memory really secure is was almost sure I was going to 100%, sadly I did not.

Cube 1 (7th in memo): Off by 6 corners and 8 edges. I'm assuming I did a setup wrong, not to mention I think I forgot an edge pair.
Cube 2 (6th in memo): Off by 5 edges. No idea what went wrong.
Cube 3 (5th in memo): Off by 3 edges. No idea what went wrong.
Cube 4 (4th in memo): Off my something like M'UM, don't know how. I'm really sad I messed this one up because the memo was so easy.
Cube 5 (3rd in memo): Off by four edges (2 flipped and a 3 cycle) I knew I would get this wrong because I forgot the first edge pair.
Cube 6 (2nd in memo): Solved
Cube 7 (1st in memo): Solved

The only productive thing that came up from this is a new recall style that helped solidify memo.

omer

A 3:48 3BLD (PB) DNF :\ The corner memo was very easy to remember "TPC XD U" - TuPaC XD yoU and REALLY easy to execute with old pochmann (speffz lettering scheme, all setup moves are just 1 move). Can't believe I failed it... I failed because I thought there was parity when actually there wasn't. 3BLD is getting easier and easier though :)