• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Failures Thread

G2013

WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Failed to get the 1st place in a competition in 3bld;

forgot to execute 2 letters, (so it was a DNF). The time was 1:34.xy DNF, and the winning time was 1:44.xy :(

I would have got the first place.

Anyway, I finished 2nd, which is not bad.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
(5:43.22 dnf) R' L2 D' B' U' L2 F' R D L' U2 R' L' U2 F2 R' F2 D2 F2 R2 Rw' Uw2

NO!!!!!!!! I was off by a rotated corner! (not including buffer piece obviously) That would have been only my 4th success, and my best success by close to three minutes! I need to come up with a better way of memoing twisted corners/flipped edges. What do most people do? Do you just remember which ones need to be flipped/rotates, or do you remember two targets to solve them?

EDIT: Lol. I just did it again, not realizing it was the same scramble until I was about to start solving... I got a 6:05 so there's that...

Last edited:

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
(5:43.22 dnf) R' L2 D' B' U' L2 F' R D L' U2 R' L' U2 F2 R' F2 D2 F2 R2 Rw' Uw2

NO!!!!!!!! I was off by a rotated corner! (not including buffer piece obviously) That would have been only my 4th success, and my best success by close to three minutes! I need to come up with a better way of memoing twisted corners/flipped edges. What do most people do? Do you just remember which ones need to be flipped/rotates, or do you remember two targets to solve them?

EDIT: Lol. I just did it again, not realizing it was the same scramble until I was about to start solving... I got a 6:05 so there's that...

I memo twisted corners as 2-cycles, and remember where flipped edges are visually.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Do you just remember which ones need to be flipped/rotates, or do you remember two targets to solve them?
I solve white on top, so for corners I remember where the white/yellow stickers are as individual letters (or a pair if there are more than 1 corner)
Edges I just visually keep track of them. Same for MBLD.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
(8:44.36 dnf)U F2 L F2 U R2 D' R F R L2 U' R2 D R2 U2 F2 U' L2 F2 Fw' Uw

I don't even... Not only did I get a eh at best time on this amazing scramble, it was the third attempt that I was off by a corner rotation tonight. I just completely forgot the last two targets. I knew there were two more targets, and I knew which two pieces they were, but I couldn't recall, and trying to match the two letters. I guessed and got the first one correct, but the second one I guessed wrong and was off my one corner rotation. I still have only 3 (sorta 4) successes. *sigh* I should be up to like 8, but some really small errors cost you in blind.

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ouch. How's bld going?

Tis going good :p

Well although dnfs i am too flustered by them because they were back to back, close, and really good memo. Kind fo just trying to force my 4bld memo to be faster so i expect more dnfs to come but hey it paid off in 3bld ;)

1. DNF(3:07.67) L2 B D2 L2 F' Fw Uw2 F' L' Uw' B2 Uw' R2 Fw Uw' B D2 U2 Fw R' Fw D2 L' D' Uw Rw' Fw' Uw' L' U' L' U' L' D' U' R' Uw2 D' Fw B
2. DNF(3:11.86) B Uw2 Fw' Uw' Fw F' U' R B' D' F Fw2 B2 R' L B2 D2 Fw' Uw2 F D' L2 U Rw' D' F' D2 Uw2 F2 B Rw' U L F Rw U' Uw F2 U' D'

AKQuaternion

Trying to learn 3BLD. Did my first two attempts earlier today. First was around 12 minute memo, 8 minute solve. Off by three permuted corners and 4 flipped edges (huh?) Couldn't replicate it to figure out what I did, I think I mis-scrambled.

Second was 12 minute memo, 8 minute solve and only off by two flipped edges. And I know *exactly* what I did. Stupidly memorized the position of the buffer piece to flip at end. Instead of memorizing the buffer position. So I ended up with the original buffer piece position and the buffer position flipped. So annoying. Look for me in the accomplishments thread soon. ;)

I'm using OP corners, M2 edges. Edge memo is *really* slow right now, I learned corners blind a couple of weeks ago so I've had more practice. (Basically I was doing 2BLD.)

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Trying to learn 3BLD. Did my first two attempts earlier today. First was around 12 minute memo, 8 minute solve. Off by three permuted corners and 4 flipped edges (huh?) Couldn't replicate it to figure out what I did, I think I mis-scrambled.

Second was 12 minute memo, 8 minute solve and only off by two flipped edges. And I know *exactly* what I did. Stupidly memorized the position of the buffer piece to flip at end. Instead of memorizing the buffer position. So I ended up with the original buffer piece position and the buffer position flipped. So annoying. Look for me in the accomplishments thread soon. ;)

I'm using OP corners, M2 edges. Edge memo is *really* slow right now, I learned corners blind a couple of weeks ago so I've had more practice. (Basically I was doing 2BLD.)

For the edges, you probably momoed the wrong sticker on the piece. For example, my letter scheme dictates that UB is A, while BU is S. If the target was A, but I memoed S, doing that twice would cause your issue.