• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Failures Thread

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
15/18 in 1:54:30[1:17:30]

-3 cycle of corners
-3 cycle of edges
-3 cycle of edges + 3 cycle of corners

Me memo always starts of extremely slow but after the first several cubes I pick up the pace a bit. I videod the execution just incase I got a perfect 18/18. I really don't care and can't be bothered discovering what I did wrong. It's 2:45am and I just want to relax my brain and clean my routes for another time. Although quite a bit of effort is needed, I do enjoy doing big multi attempts. :)

EDIT: Ok, I had to determine why my first cube was off by a 3 cycle of edges!!! It turns out I forgot to execute the first 2 edges which I memorised visually. :fp

Last edited:

Kynit

AUGH

4:18.41 [2:15] DNF because I forgot to switch my M slice targets with parity... would have been a 1:30 PB!

(I need to practice BLD more often :p)

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
4:59.xx DNF. Knew I undid a setup move wrong, tried to fix it but I knew I screwed that up as well, took off blindfold and I could see remnants of my mess. Memo felt solid. Coulda been a PB. Memo'd edges in 1:01. Need to learn lettering for corners..<_<

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
17/18 (2:02)
Very slow. I probably should've just went to bed, I was yawning right from the start.
In the execution there were 3 cubes that I wasn't too confident with:

Cube 2: While executing a corner A9 I was counting to make sure I got 9 moves, I lost attention for a split second and I was unsure whether I did a correct U2 or a U.
Cube 4: I use images to memorise twisted and flipped pieces, there was a corner that I recalled seeing flipped but I had no image for it. So I decided to go with my visual opinion.
Cube 18: I thought I may have twisted a corner.

I watched the video straight after and discovered it was the second cube which was a DNF, for the same reason I feared. :fp