• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

World Championship 2015 - São Paulo, Brazil - July 17-19, 2015

Laura O

WCA
2009OHRN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn't call it "sexist" at all. Brasil has a tradition of having a female podium in most if not all competitions. It's just a thing we do :)
Btw can't see that information on the website Laura, perhaps you could link it?

I just searched for my name in the grouping list on the website (Group S7).

After all those long discussions about female rankings (don't want to repeat all the arguments against them ;-)) it's really strange to have separate groups.

At least I want to compete in a mixed group, I always do and I don't understand why this should be different at Worlds.

Thaynara

WCA
2011OLIV03
YouTube
Visit Channel

After all those long discussions about female rankings (don't want to repeat all the arguments against them ;-)) it's really strange to have separate groups.

At least I want to compete in a mixed group, I always do and I don't understand why this should be different at Worlds.

Imo the country who is hosting the competition has the right to do something that its their "tradition"/"thing" no? You're coming to a new country to experiment things, wouldn't it be a bummer if you just decide to not engage in it? As I said before it's not sexist in our point of view.

Btw, let's not assume this grouping thing is happening because no information has been announced. I guess we all should just wait.

Last edited:

Laura O

WCA
2009OHRN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Imo the country who is hosting the competition has the right to do something that its their "tradition"/"thing" no? You're coming to a new country to experiment things, wouldn't it be a bummer if you just decide to not engage in it? As I said before it's not sexist in our point of view..

So what is the reason? And why is this "tradition" kept only in 3x3?

I have competed in several countries, things are done differently everywhere and I'm absolutely fine with that when there is a (even weak) reason to do it that way.

Btw. I didn't use the word "sexist".

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01

Yes , it's strange competitions. Why this is different?

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I have competed in several countries, things are done differently everywhere and I'm absolutely fine with that when there is a (even weak) reason to do it that way.

Why are things traditions?... Just because it has for a long time. Almost every sport does it, I don't see it as an issue as an organized sub-group for this hobby/activity/sporty-thing.

I'm guessing the split is not done with other cube categories because there might not be enough female competitors signed up for those solves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aurichalcite

WCA
2015ROSA08
To those who think hosting the comp at Brazil is a bad idea, think of the Olympics. Any world comp. wouldn't truly be a world comp. if it was placed in the most participating countries. I think it is a good idea for it to be hosted at Brazil.

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel

[/B]

Yes , it's strange competitions. Why this is different?

Why are things traditions?... Just because it has for a long time. Almost every sport does it, I don't see it as an issue as an organized sub-group for this hobby/activity/sporty-thing.

I'm guessing the split is not done with other cube categories because there might not be enough female competitors signed up for those solves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no strong reason for this, we just thought it would be cool to have all girls competing at once.
But I can see how this may sound sexist or offensive, so I went ahead and changed it.

Hi Guys! Shall I register guests or is the competition public for everyone?

The competition is public for anyone to watch :) No need to register guests.