• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

YJ YuHu Megaminx

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mine is on its way, but my 2-cents as of now is that it seems that it is a good puzzle, but people had such high hopes because, well, you know... it's MoYu (Kind of) and was expecting the best Megaminx ever made. Plus they are comparing it to a most likely well broken in Megaminx.

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A part of me wonders if this puzzle was originally intended to be a Moyu puzzle... but they became realized it couldn't live up to such a standard. And then it got down-branded, for lack of a better term.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mine is on its way, but my 2-cents as of now is that it seems that it is a good puzzle, but people had such high hopes because, well, you know... it's MoYu (Kind of) and was expecting the best Megaminx ever made. Plus they are comparing it to a most likely well broken in Megaminx.

Well I've had my Dayan Megaminx since Nov. 2012 and since then I've done about 350+ solves on it and modded it so it's a really good turning puzzle. But after owning my YuHu for less than 24 hours and doing about 7 solves it feels a little better then my Dayan.

pdilla

So I just received mine, and boy oh boy... it is extremely catchy.

And talk about uneven tensions. Some sides you can loosen all the way and they still are hard to turn. I need to take this thing apart and find out what the deal is.

So far, not liking it.

TraciAG

WCA
2015GAGU01
So I just received mine, and boy oh boy... it is extremely catchy.

And talk about uneven tensions. Some sides you can loosen all the way and they still are hard to turn. I need to take this thing apart and find out what the deal is.

So far, not liking it.

The main solution people have found about this is to change the screws. If your YuHu has uneven sides even on the same tensions odds are the screws are bent. The Cubicle started selling the hardware the other day so you could change them and see if it helps.

myung97

WCA
2013MYUN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've had the Yuhu for about 2 weeks and have done 500+ solves, and my verdict still stays the same. I've found the nice sweet spot for tensioning and lubing, and I honestly have to admit that it's a great turning puzzle.

However, the size is still too big and it cramps my hands after about 10 solves. While it isn't too hard to adjust, the thing I find most frustrating is something that cannot be changed due to the design of the puzzle, and that is the stickers. The stickers on the Yuhu (factory or thecubicle.us fitted) are a tad bit too small and spaced too far apart from each other due to the design of the pieces. I like my stickers to be fitted next to each other with little room in between. While this may not be an issue for everyone, it's a major issue for me as I can't recognize the colors on the pieces due to the black coloring of the pieces interfering with the overall appearance. This results in me consistently averaging much slower (around 1:15-1:25) than normal with my modded Shengshou (1:00-1:07).

I won't be using this as my main for the aforementioned reasons, but I still do think that this is a really great puzzle for those wanting to get into megaminx. In my opinion, the Yuhu takes the least amount of work to break in and find the sweet spot (just a bit of lubing + tensioning), compared to the Dayan (lots of breaking in + potential modding) or Shengshou (same as the Dayan). If you are interested in starting megaminx or want a cheap option for buying one, definitely get the Yuhu. On the other hand, if you're already serious about megaminx or really want to get serious about it, I'd recommend not getting the Yuhu and getting a either a Dayan or Shengshou, and putting in the time and effort to make it great (hundreds to thousands of solves + modding).

So my overall verdict is: It's good, not great. I don't think it's worth buying if you want to get serious about megaminx.

WCA
2014BLOC01
This results in me consistently averaging much slower (around 1:15-1:25) than normal with my Moyu (1:00-1:07).

FTFY.

So my overall verdict is: It's good, not great. I don't think it's worth buying if you want to get serious about megaminx.

Oops. Maybe the recog will be easier with stickerless, though, and I'm used to Dayan size megas (with ridges, it's about the same size).