• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dutch Masters 2008

sjoerdtheone

Hi guys,
My eastsheen 2x2x2 cube broke and I might not be able to get a new one before tomorrow..
Does anyone have a spare one I can borrow or will anyone be selling those cubes at the masters?
Thanks

N

nitrocan

i have one but it sucks! i lubricated it and it doesn't turn very well. i have to go catch the plane to the competition now :D

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
I have a reasonably good spare one.
Wth the high number of competitors in 2^3 we will probably be divided in at least two groups anyway, and borrowing one won't be a problem for you.

Raffael

WCA
2007ORTR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm going to arrive at 20:21 at the 's Hertogenbosch train station tomorrow evening.

Can anyone tell me, how I can get to the hostel by bus/ walk/ taxi/ anything?

By the way: is anybody arriving approx. the same time as me?

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
Raffael, read the site: ''The Dutch cubers are very willing to pick you up at Den Bosch train station or Sint Michielgestel bus station. Just let us know by e-mail.'', mail Ron/Ton your phonenumber and one of them will arrange someone to pick you up.

Why walk when you can be driven to the competition place? :p

Raffael

WCA
2007ORTR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Raffael, read the site: ''The Dutch cubers are very willing to pick you up at Den Bosch train station or Sint Michielgestel bus station. Just let us know by e-mail.'', mail Ron/Ton your phonenumber and one of them will arrange someone to pick you up.

Why walk when you can be driven to the competition place? :p

That would be even better, of course :)
I'll write Ron an e-mail.

See you tomorrow evening then.

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Erik Akkersdijk won the Dutch Masters 2008 with an average of 12.74 seconds. Edouard Chambon finished second (12.81) and Thibaut Jaqcuinot finished third (13.16).
World records: Guus Razoux Schultz Rubik's Cube Fewest moves 27, Erik Akkersdijk 4x4 Cube 43.70 (single), Rama Temmink Rubik's Cube one-handed 19.84 (average), Olivér Perge Magic 0.84 (single).
European records: Erik Akkersdijk 5x5 Cube 1:22.91 (single) 1:29.49 (average).

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It was a REALLY COOOOL competition.

First thing I'd like to say is that FINALLY Guus got his WR!!! FMC record is finally broken!!!

Also congrats a lot to Rama, my brother really deserved to get his WR back!

And of course congrats to Fils (Oliver "Jesus" Perge) for beating Matyas' WR single magic!

And thanks to the organisation of this competition it was splendid.

I'm very happy I got one of the big cubes WR's back. Too bad I got 8 (!) parities on 4x4 in total, the last 4 solves all had double par (also the 49!) and VERY TOO bad about the 5x5. It was so close to the WR average...

Too bad about the 3x3 results, they could've been much better with guys like Edouard, Thibaut, Milan and Rama, I have to say I was surprised when I saw I won.

Also good results I did personally was a 23 avg with OH, a very consistent average on magic (counting times 1.16, 1.15, 1.15 (that's an SD of 0 :D )), PB's on square-1 (thanks to Lars!), and PB's on clock (thanks to Gabor Szabo!).
Finally I finally got a quite good 4x4 BLD attempt, I only forget to shoot back to the last piece that started the cycle and I made a small mistake at centres so in total 2 edges and 4 centres off.

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
Congratulations to Olivér with his Magic WR, we can all say he 'IS' the fastest in the world with Magic.
Also congratulations to Erik with his 4x4x4 WR... or should I say 'Chip'? ;)
And also congratulations to Guus, I really have nothing to say, except you deserve it and that it's crazy! :p

Many Pb's broken there for many people, I personally broke the sub 20 barrier for one handed for myself, you can also notice that in the Finals I was a lot more relaxed, because I knew I could do it again. :D

Well my 3x3x3 was ok, a bit above average in the finals, but still... I like it. :)
I also let my V-Cube 5x5x5 drop from about 12 cm height and suddenly the wing edge just popped and I got a DNF... V-Cubes!

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome competition! We (me and charlie) aren't home yet, we're still at Arnaud's place!

I had a 'gammy'(infected) finger a few days before the competiton, so I couldn't really solve much the few days before, but on the saturday and sunday I managed to do my competiton solves, but I was a bit out of shape :p

Obviously, my main results is the 1:25.88 BLD, broke my old record by 1:02.xx :p It probably could have been sub1:10 if I went a bit faster on memo, but I was going for a safe solve.

Pictures/videos to follow.

jazzthief81

Premium Member
WCA
2003VAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As with the Benelux Open, the location and setup were just perfect for a nice and relaxed competition. Splendid organisation!

I learned one important thing: I should make sure that I get enough sleep! It was great fun to play freestyle table tennis with Erik, Sven and Arnaud until the early hours but unfortunately I'm the kind of person that gets very grumpy and unenjoyable when he doesn't get his sleep. I hope it didn't affect the others too much but it certainly got to me and as a result I ended up getting rather frustrated with my results. I won't let that happen next time.

I was very upset about the childish 'lets-also-make-a-misleading-thread-about-the-world-record-to-****-off-the-others' on Saturday evening. I hope all the people involved realise how bad this was and learn from their mistakes. I really don't want to be around people who take themselves too seriously.

So some minor annoyances and not a great tournament for me personally, but all in all it was very worthwhile and we've certainly seen some high class cubing.

Hugs and kisses to Charlie's puppet Felix ;)

guusrs

WCA
1982RAZO01
I was only there for a couple of hours, but everything felt right.
Rama was nervous but great. Hungarian boys won a lot of competitions, Erik behaves like a brother to almost everyone.
Thanx for al your compliments.
For those who like the FMC scramble, here it is:
sramble: F2 U B2 D2 F2 D' L2 U B2 L' U2 B' D L F2 R2 U B2 D B (20f)
my competition solve (hidden in white text):
R' B' D F L' F D U L2 U' F' L2 F L2 D2 U B U2 B' L' U' L U L' U L U (27)
I found this in the first 15 minutes(!)

Thanx Ron, Ton & others for organizing.
I can't wait until the Twente-open in the town I grew up: Enschede!

See you folks

Gus

MistArts

I was only there for a couple of hours, but everything felt right.
Rama was nervous but great. Hungarian boys won a lot of competitions, Erik behaves like a brother to almost everyone.
Thanx for al your compliments.
For those who like the FMC scramble, here it is:
sramble: F2 U B2 D2 F2 D' L2 U B2 L' U2 B' D L F2 R2 U B2 D B (20f)
my competition solve (hidden in white text):
R' B' D F L' F D U L2 U' F' L2 F L2 D2 U B U2 B' L' U' L U L' U L U (27)
I found this in the first 15 minutes(!)

Thanx Ron, Ton & others for organizing.
I can't wait until the Twente-open in the town I grew up: Enschede!

See you folks

Gus

Wow! Nice. I'm working on my solution and so far have 18 moves leaving 4 corners. I need to cancel 7 moves to tie you ;). But I highly doubt I can do that.

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hugs and kisses to Charlie's puppet Felix ;)

30iw7ih.jpg

He just can't stop thinking about you Lars.

I thought the competition was great. I spoke to a lot of people, which normally I don't do, and it was worth it! Was really disappointed with my 3x3 results because I can really do a whole lot better than that, but pleased with everything else, especially pyraminx. I broke a couple of PBs and improved my official records somewhat.

An extra big thank you to Erik & Arnaud for both having me to stay! It was fun :) Also thank you Joey for teaching me BLD... and sorry to Tim about the whole bike drama.....

I am now getting excited about Euro but I sure need to practice before then!

Last edited: