• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Any cubers in Oklahoma?

Ptr8888

Any Okies? I would imagine not since all I've heard of are the ones I've taught...

It would be cool to know some people who cube in my area. (Sounds like a dating site ad)

rcbeyer

WCA
2010BEYE01
Yep - we're around. I haven't found many of us, though haha.
there's this facebook group thing you could check out. Claims there may be a competition up at OU perhaps this fall, which would be pretty cool.

Ptr8888

Yep - we're around. I haven't found many of us, though haha.
there's this facebook group thing you could check out. Claims there may be a competition up at OU perhaps this fall, which would be pretty cool.

Competition at OU would be fantastic. I have a group of 3 friends and we are interested in meeting up new cubers. Even if we can get a small thing stated that would be amazing. Last year I taught a bunch of people how to solve and we wanted to work towards beating the most people solving a cube in one place under 5 mins world record but the trend died.

RSaldana86

Another guy here in Moore ! 29yrs
Started curbing along time ago and stopped . Getting back into now . Relearning oll and Pll so far average 45secs .

Selling some of my old cubes to make room for some more .

RSaldana86

There's someone in the Facebook group that's wanting to get an unofficial competition going in Tulsa looking for more people so he can go through with it

@Ptr8888@Mikel@rcbeyer@RSaldana86@Colton Holland@Caleb Rice

My son is 11 and we are down here competing for the first time in Houston. Would love to find some kids in Oklahoma that cube. Tulsa area ideally

Last edited:
Any Okies? I would imagine not since all I've heard of are the ones I've taught...

It would be cool to know some people who cube in my area. (Sounds like a dating site ad)
I live in eastern Oklahoma off of I-40. I have 3 friends that cone too

PickleBlake

Do you think we have enough interest to do an event even if it’s just a meet up or unofficial comp? I have at least 3 people that would go.

PickleBlake

Makes sense, I am trying to see I can go to Dallas on the 3rd. After that I am going to see if I can find a willing WCA delegate

Max Zemdegs

It seems this thread has died for some time. I know that there's a rising number of us Cubers in and around Oklahoma. The key, is to get and stay in contact through discord and other means. I'm sure many of us feel the lack of appreciation and cubing events for us, and it is up to us to amend that. So, where's everyone?