• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which is better for 2x2x2? CLL or Ortega?

CYKOcube

learn ortega first get used to it and start practicing cll one by one it took me a week to memorise all so i also did ortega first go to kungfoomanchu.com for more guides forclll

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
but i see many people avg around 2 secs using ortega.

I don't know of a single competitor that uses ortega only and has an official sub3 average. I know that Chris Olson can sub3 an average of 12 with ortega, but that hardly counts. He will only use Ortega in an official solve where building a face/layer gives him OLL skip right into PBL. Otherwise he ignores it.

At any rate, learn Ortega because I said so :)

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
You guys are cray, Ortega's the best.

oh that explains why you use cll

I don't know of a single competitor that uses ortega only and has an official sub3 average. I know that Chris Olson can sub3 an average of 12 with ortega, but that hardly counts. He will only use Ortega in an official solve where building a face/layer gives him OLL skip right into PBL. Otherwise he ignores it.

At any rate, learn Ortega because I said so :)

I have a 2.65 ao12 with Ortega, although I pick the OLL alg based on what will give the best PBL case.

Ortega is a great starter method for sure. It got me almost sub 3, but you need CLL for that next step.

Last edited: