• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2048 puzzle

ajayd

Goddang rj, ive wasted a full hour of my life on this game.

notfeliks

As soon as I realised what this was, I knew I was going to waste so much time on it.

Damn you rj.

brian724080

Damnit, why did you have to show this.
On the other hand, this gives me something to do during boring lectures.

DAoliHVAR

the best "strat" I found is that you just stick your big numbers on one side and then do all the combining with the other three keys
this way you stay alive for a while,but i always mess up when i accidentaly press some other key and all the big numbers get with the rest of em,so i lose in 5 turns

brian724080

the best "strat" I found is that you just stick your big numbers on one side and then do all the combining with the other three keys
this way you stay alive for a while,but i always mess up when i accidentaly press some other key and all the big numbers get with the rest of em,so i lose in 5 turns

That doesn't yield much flexibility though

Edit: My class - 40% listening, 20% playing this, 40% doing something else

DAoliHVAR

That doesn't yield much flexibility though

Edit: My class - 40% listening, 20% playing this, 40% doing something else

i found that i can consistently do atleast 512 and a 256 with this,pb is 1024 + 512
please share if you know a better method

brian724080

i found that i can consistently do atleast 512 and a 256 with this,pb is 1024 + 512
please share if you know a better method

By doing that, you limit the availability on the sides, and you're basically screwed if it forms a perfect rectangle. Just like in speedsolving, I never really stick to rules like that, I just do whatever seems fit, like blockbuilding. What is your actual score?

DAoliHVAR

By doing that, you limit the availability on the sides, and you're basically screwed if it forms a perfect rectangle. Just like in speedsolving, I never really stick to rules like that, I just do whatever seems fit, like blockbuilding. What is your actual score?

i just told you,are you saying i am lying?If you try to get a good score with the method, im sure you could.
did you pass the game?You are right about the rectangle thing though,i am used to having a method of doing something
and tried to make one up,i didn't say hey this is THE BEST METHOD USE THIS
i said its the best method i've found
btw pb in points is 11760

Last edited:

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
I got so close... All the pieces were there, just in positions that made it difficult for me to get them all together.

Screenshot 2014-03-15 at 1.09.14 PM.png

Got the score to 17012. If only the 256s had been closer ;_;

Last edited:

ajayd

Yeah, the best strategy for me is just to pick a forbidden key, and never use it. High score is 15244. Only problem with it is that if you have to use the forbidden key, a 2 will get into the area, and then you're screwed.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, the best strategy for me is just to pick a forbidden key, and never use it. High score is 15244. Only problem with it is that if you have to use the forbidden key, a 2 will get into the area, and then you're screwed.
I thought I could risk using the forbidden key once.
urYTaH3.png

Score

btw, this was first try using this method. I'm definitely going to use this more and see how far I can get.

collins

Finally got it, after several close attempts...
I got lucky at the end, I was forced to use the "forbidden key" but I could still gather the big pieces :)
OsfU4Me.jpg

What is nice is that you can go on and try to get the 4096... but I could only get an additional 512.

BI7lGst.jpg