• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] 57mm Gans III 3x3x3 cube

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Total voters

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is for reviews of the Gans III 3x3x3 cube - 57mm. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This cube is great. It's less locky compared to the previous version:

[video=youtube_share;GUSqgXVcb8k]http://youtu.be/GUSqgXVcb8k[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looks good. How was the service from cubezz? The packaging looks sturdy. I always buy from zcube because their packaging is great, but they are pretty slow at getting new cubes.

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Here is my unboxing and first impressions of this cube. I am really excited about this puzzle, as it is great already! :)

[video=youtube_share;qSxDgbyZgj4]http://youtu.be/qSxDgbyZgj4[/video]

I will make a review shortly, so be sure to subscribe. ;)

WinterCub3r

i bought it about a week ago from theCubicle. this cube is really weird, it feel alot diffent then the other gans III's, under tight tensions it has almost no corner cutting but still feel loos. on looser tensions it is great at everything but it feel like its going to fall apart, but thats the weird part, its almost impossible to pop or even twist a corner. i dont really like the center sticker but besides all that the cube it alright.

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
i bought it about a week ago from theCubicle. this cube is really weird, it feel alot diffent then the other gans III's, under tight tensions it has almost no corner cutting but still feel loos. on looser tensions it is great at everything but it feel like its going to fall apart, but thats the weird part, its almost impossible to pop or even twist a corner. i dont really like the center sticker but besides all that the cube it alright.

I think it can be best summarized like this: it would be perfect and an awesome cube, but it feels very flimsy. So far though it looks like this can be get used to. How come you have no corner-cutting at tight tensions? I have it at quite tight tensions and it corner-cuts 45°?!

Oh yes and, if you don't like the center sticker you just get stickers form stores like thecubicle.us that are fitted for this cube. This works better, because the stock center sticker is rounder than the actual piece. :)

stensgaard

please please please don't make the round center stickers a new trend .. looks sooooo bad!
but agree that the cube is not bad! :)

WinterCub3r

I think it can be best summarized like this: it would be perfect and an awesome cube, but it feels very flimsy. So far though it looks like this can be get used to. How come you have no corner-cutting at tight tensions? I have it at quite tight tensions and it corner-cuts 45°?!

Oh yes and, if you don't like the center sticker you just get stickers form stores like thecubicle.us that are fitted for this cube. This works better, because the stock center sticker is rounder than the actual piece. :)

dont be a jerk like Critical cubing. also it does corner cut at its tightest tension but the for required is stuipid. alsi i did get the fitted stickers but they are still way too round.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, I did. But in order for the screws to fit under the caps the tensions need to be too tight. Cube is worthless then. I went back to octopus core immediately.

I wonder if 50mm Dayan hardware might work. I'm convinced the flexibility of the octopus core contributes to the flimsy feel.

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wonder if 50mm Dayan hardware might work. I'm convinced the flexibility of the octopus core contributes to the flimsy feel.

please try.. if it works then I am in. ;) I think the Gan is too instable. Especially after doing many solves on the Weilong. However, it is smoother, cuts better and never locks. So I want a stable Gan :)

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
please try.. if it works then I am in. ;) I think the Gan is too instable. Especially after doing many solves on the Weilong. However, it is smoother, cuts better and never locks. So I want a stable Gan :)

Yeah my thoughts exactly. The pieces are great. I think the way the corners slide over the rounded-off centre really improve the corner cutting, meaning making it smoother rather than cut a bigger angle (i don't understand why reviewers always focus on how big an angle you can cut with silly amounts of force).

I will order some 50mm hardware.