• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SwitchTile - A New Puzzle for your Touchscreen Device [Android]

Erifdex

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, dev here :)

Well, I have no idea how I was unaware about all of this interest in my game over the past few months! I'm really impressed with the times people have posted, and the web version (made by qqwref) is awesome. (Some real dedication is required to solve the huge ones - I have no idea how people are that good!)

I think it's only fair to create some update hype with some screenshots for the next version ;)
(Ignore the FPS counter in the top left)

4XnXhjJl.png
pYMkn9Ll.png

Nothing too fancy as of yet, but here's a list of implemented and planned features. (Some of the features may not make it into the next update)

Implemented:
  • Moved the scramble and reset buttons from the menu to the in-game screen
  • Added the ability to remove all stored data
  • Implemented Android immersive mode (full screen)
Planned/Possible:
  • Change the statistics panel into a tabbed panel, with tabs for last 5, last 10 solves, alongside overall
  • More sizes!
  • More colours! (or a different approach to colours)
  • Individual listing of times recorded (can delete solves)
  • An option to disable the recording of solve times (so your friends don't mess up your averages :p)

If anyone wants to throw suggestions at me, feel free!

(I'm going to post this to the subreddit too - good idea setting it up AlexMaass)

porkynator

WCA
2011TRON02
YouTube
Visit Channel
5x5, tuochscreen (as always)

number of times: 100/100
best time: 7.94
worst time: 19.99
best mo3: 9.11 (σ = 1.63)
best avg5: 9.15 (σ = 0.15)
best avg12: 10.07 (σ = 1.22)
best avg100: 11.83 (σ = 1.66)

I'll try to get a good average on video later today.

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I was bored today and I wrote a little bot for the browser version of the puzzle.

Aunt cat supposed to solve it in 0 seconds but apparently there's no way to perform moves sequence like "L U" without waiting until the animation finished :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Trexrush1

WCA
2013MAZU02
Discovered this thread 2 days ago, discovered the game minutes later. I will say, the game is fighting for attention with my homework!
anyway, here are my pbs as of now-
1/5/12/global
3x3-.75/2.85/3.48/4.5ish
4x4- 4.xx/9.xx/11.12/10
5x5-14.xx/19.xx/26.35/21

Quite proud of the 5.32 on 4x4. My approach to solving is mostly blockbuilding.

Last edited:

Calode

WCA
2016HOOV01
http://switchtile.surge.sh/ is a rehost of qqwref's webport and a modification I made. I'll be making all of mine, if any changes there.

The modification I added is that ability to hover over a tile and press either WASD keys to move the tile up, down, left or right. This makes solving really fast. This version is currently broken on mobile and I'll get around to fixing that.