• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Arizona

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
I am interested in meeting up sometime. Only problem is I'm hardly available. Saturdays I'm not available until after dark (it's my church day) and Sunday I'm busy after noon (rest of the week I work full time and school...). But just throwing it out that I'm local and interested.

That sounds like a very hectic schedule. My recommendation is that if you find a break in your schedule, just announce it on this thread. If it's not during regular working hours, I can probably make it. I'll also email out an announcement to folks who don't follow this thread. This is all very informal.

About myself, I am only an intermediate level speedcuber (avg. 30-32s solves). I have been away from cubing for a while but am back into it because I am starting to learn how to solve it blindfolded. Would be fun to meet up with other cubers and learn (I'm sure you all have more experience).

The experience of the cubers at the meetups runs the full range. Some are top notch at every WCA event and others are still learning beginners method or moving on to CFOP. I've been cubing for a bit over a year and average around 28s on 3x3. I also do 2x2 through 7x7 and am currently working on OH.

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
Hi all. I'm up for another meetup on Monday, Sept. 7th (Labor Day). I'll be at the Chandler Fashion Center Food Court, in the elevated section in front of Paradise Bakery around noon.

Let me know if you can make it.

apoxa

I just signed up for it :)
It's gonna be my first comp so should be a lot of fun!

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
I just signed up for it :)
It's gonna be my first comp so should be a lot of fun!

Nice. It will be fun.

I set up an AZCubing Facebook group where I will also be announcing any future meetups and competitions:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AZCubing/

I'll also be hosting another meetup before the competition on Saturday, Oct. 3rd at noon. We will gather at the elevated section in front of Paradise Bakery inside the Chandler Fashion Center Food Court.