• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] MoYu AoSu 4x4x4

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Total voters

easytutorial

Weight 2 + Maru is pretty good too. But the mini aosu is my main:

I use the big and small inside piece of the big aosu and I put in my small aosu piece. (The outside piece)
So my cube is as fast as a regular aosu + it has the perfect 60m, size that I like!

No cubes was wasted. I just exchange the regular aosu and the mini aosu piece between the 2 cores/inside pieces

I did the same, but what's more important is having the big inner pieces paired correctly (no missalignment when assembled) I want my mini aosu the best it can be possible XD
core + white inner is same so that's it

pyr14

WCA
2014SIME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where the puzzle was purchased: cubezz
When the puzzle was purchased: 09/13/2014
Thoughts on the puzzle: best 4x4 ever. honestly, i see no problems with this. i had this for ages and it's just epic. it's very worked in now and i lubed it with tons of maru. it's all about working it in. ive tried the yuxin but i prefer aosu because oevrall the inner layers are better on aosu. i recomend the aosu still as of now.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Has anyone else had the issue of center caps popping out on pretty much every solve. I'm about to glue the caps down but want to see what other people have done to solve the issue beside glue (or if you used glue)

Asher315

I bought a stickerless version of the Aosu on Amazon for about $10. Love it; it is a very good puzzle. It corner-cuts a little under 45 degrees, much more than you should ever need for a 4x4. I like the shades. Normal color scheme. This is my main at home for solving 4x4. All in all, I would highly recommend it to beginners and old pros. It is controllable, but fast. A good cube all around.

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
Has anyone else had the issue of center caps popping out on pretty much every solve. I'm about to glue the caps down but want to see what other people have done to solve the issue beside glue (or if you used glue)

YES. I'M HAVING THIS PROBLEM TOO. ;~; The caps are so bad, one of the nubs on the cap broke off when I tried to take it out (on day two of owning the cube) ..I'm not sure if sticking a small piece of paper inside would help, but I might just go ahead and buy some glue.

And while I'm at it, a new Yuxin

Edit:

Oh great, one of the nubs got stuck inside the piece where you insert the center, which means I'm forced to buy a new replacement piece because one of mine is jammed.

Splendid.

Last edited:

Asher315

YES. I'M HAVING THIS PROBLEM TOO. ;~; The caps are so bad, one of the nubs on the cap broke off when I tried to take it out (on day two of owning the cube) ..I'm not sure if sticking a small piece of paper inside would help, but I might just go ahead and buy some glue.

Edit:

Oh great, one of the nubs got stuck inside the piece where you insert the center, which means I'm forced to buy a new replacement piece because one of mine is jammed.

Splendid.
I've never had a problem with any of the caps...so maybe it's a rarity? Idk

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
I've never had a problem with any of the caps...so maybe it's a rarity? Idk

..I feel like I have a dud cube.. OnO you know, the one cube out of a million that companies make that are worse than their normal cubes? ..Yeah.. Funny thing is, this happened on my Yuxin too, so I guess I might be at fault for these incidents. .__.

cubeguy2004

WCA
2014MINA01
it feels smooth and scratch and kinda like a broken in fangs
it corner cuts well enough and it doesn't catch or lock
like other moyu cubes it never pops. but when in looser tensions, a inner piece may pop out
i bought it from the cubicle, kinda pricey though

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01

Edit:

Splendid.

Yep, happens constantly with my AoSu. It didn't start happening a lot until I put a lot of Maru in it, and upon inspection there is moisture on the caps that fly off. I've considered gluing them; I'm sure it would solve the problem, but I am on to trying out other 4x4's so I haven't gotten around to it.

I just got the mini AoSu a few days ago and finally got it broken in enough to sit down and lube/tension it last night. IMO the mini the way to go. Same mech, maybe a tad faster, definitely more fluid because the smaller size makes it easier to control the alignment of the layers.