• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SenorJuan

I hope it didn't really fall apart, and the edge pieces (2 stickers) didn't seperate. If that happened, or the corner pieces broke apart, you've got some puzzle-solving to do. And centre-caps will pop off easily, it's possible they have been refitted in the wrong place. It may be best to work out what you have got, maybe create a list of what colours should be there, and try some practice assembly of a layer on a table. It's likely that white-yellow are opposite colours, as are blue-green and red-orange.

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
yeah, it's likely your centre caps fell out... they need to be put in the right way. try to have it to white is on top, yellow is bottom, green is front, blue is back, red is on the left and orange is on the right. I guess thats assuming you have the standard color scheme ... hopefully you do. and if you can't get the colors to be in that order then take the center caps off and arrange them that way . THEN try to assemble the cube, and it should work.

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah, it's likely your centre caps fell out... they need to be put in the right way. try to have it to white is on top, yellow is bottom, green is front, blue is back, red is on the left and orange is on the right. I guess thats assuming you have the standard color scheme ... hopefully you do. and if you can't get the colors to be in that order then take the center caps off and arrange them that way . THEN try to assemble the cube, and it should work.
Unless, although unlikely, the cube has a weird color scheme. Then we're all screwed.

CharlyLolo

Could not build it back solved. Started placing edges pieces with right colors (according to center pieces) and then corner pieces were all inverted. Could not figure it out. Got fed up, removed all stickers and placed new stickers. We can play with the cube again !!

SenorJuan

"Could not build it back solved"
That's disappointing. As puzzles go, assembling a cube is a lot easier than actually solving one. And, based on the fact that no sticker removal was needed to create your 'dropped cube' problem, no stickers need removing to sort it out. Still, you have it sorted for now, until it gets dropped again. It may be worth making a few notes/sketches, or take photos of it, so you know what it should look like.

ethansito

How to assemble a cyclone boys 4x4

My cyclone boys 4x4 popped on me. Could someone please tell me how to fix it. The cube is completely apart. All the pieces are separated.

zipper

WCA
2015ILVE01
almost like shengshou 4x4. start from bottom layer. for last layer centre pieces or edge need to make cube more loose.

Fattyownz

New To Cubing and I have a problem

Hi Guys,

1st time poster, i got a cube for the first time this week.
My son decided to throw it into a lot of pieces, i have tried to rebuild it but 3/4 parts are wrong and I can't see where.

Could someone contact me at [email protected] and then I can email you the picture of where i'm at.

I figure an expert could tell me straight away.

Thanks for any help

James

1w3playZ

WCA
2014MARS05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any tips on reassembling a Square 1?

Hey everyone.

Does anyone have any tips on putting back together a square 1? Mine exploded and I got it back to here (see picture) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441836597.567308.jpg

My real problem is the corners, they're really tough. Oh and it's a Calvins if that helps.

blade740

Mack Daddy
WCA
2007NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, you're going to need to pop off the center caps and loosen the screw. That'll make it much easier to get all of the pieces in and then just tighten it back up.

Sam N

pop off the center caps and unscrew the screw. If you don't want to change your tension because you like it, there is one other option. You can take out all of the pieces, and then re-assemble it from there. When I do this, I often put in all the corners first, then the edges. This is usually the easiest way to do it. Once this is done, I usually get this shape (http://www.alchemistmatt.com/cube/square1list.html#0) (I'm referring to pair 0) before I actually solve it. Ordering is not relevant because there is no way to make a square-1 unsolvable via dis-assembly and re-assembly.

KRAMIST

I can't fix my 4x4

the core is much like a weisu i have already seen waffo's,convinsa's and anyone else' tutorial but i still cant get it fixed. By now i have finished only the base or the bottom most part of it after that what do i do???

TCG

[HELP PLS] Dayan 2x2 problems!!

I set it up for 2 hours, lubing the core and pieces carefully and slowly tensioning it. I tested my dayan 2x2 by placing in moyu springs which helped stop the popping but corner cutting became sluggish, and the dayan springs did not fit my moyu aolong v2, so i switched them back. Now, my dayan is locking up which has NEVER happen and no matter how tight the tensions were, it would seem like it would loosen itself and get faster. Is there something wrong with my dayan?
Also, when i try corner cutting, one of the edge always catches without fail even when im cutting less than 45 degrees...