• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Please Read (Scams)

Rubiksfreak

Buying and selling cubes on this forum is a hit or miss. If you've ever purchased a puzzle and never recieved what you paid for, you know how it feels. If you've been scammed, tell your story so it doesnt happen again.

I myself have also been scammed, although i was scammed on these forums. Rubixwiz031 was sellling an 8x8. We agreed that id pay him $35, and also send him my florian modded ss5x5. I had been scammed prior to this, dealing with a trade. So i decided i would not send my ss5x5 until i received the 8x8. To make a long story short I'm out of $35 and still have not received an 8x8.

Edit: (hijack) Please don't discuss other shops here. This thread is for purchases made through the Buy, Sell, Trade subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don’t think I really like the idea of this thread.

While informing the community about scamming and dishonesty can be useful, this thread can potentially turn into a long list of one-sided complaints. Arguments between buyers and sellers can also erupt. Additionally, there is no reliable mechanism for detecting untrue or frivolous scamming stories. This thread can easily turn into a huge mess.

Actually, it’s already getting a little messy. Some content on this thread already violates forum rules. For example, all the talk about PuzzleAddictions is technically not allowed. I’m somewhat surprised that has not been caught yet.

NOTE:
There are a lot of external sites people buy their puzzles from (Cube4you, Dealextreme, Popbuying, etc.). If you have issues with your order from one of these sites, this is not the place to complain about them. We can't do anything about it if your order is missing pieces or shipping is taking too long. In case you're wondering, the proper course of action would be to post on THEIR forum or email their customer service, not post about it here.

Instead, I think we should impose a minimum post count in order to use the “buy, sell, trade” section of this forum. This will at least demand some integration with our community before people can use it to do business.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
PayPal buyer protection

Buyer Protection
If an eligible item that you've bought online doesn't arrive, or doesn't match the seller's description, our Buyer Protection will reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus postage and packaging costs. Buyer Protection covers all your online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal. It also covers you when you make a payment on our website.

What's an eligible item? Only physical goods that can be posted and aren't prohibited by law are covered. Here are a few examples of situations where an item doesn't match the seller's description: you bought a book and got a DVD, you bought a new item but got something that was used, you bought 3 items but only got 2, the item was damaged during delivery, the item is missing major parts (that the seller didn't disclose), or you purchased an authentic brand but got a fake instead. If the seller has accurately described an item, but you're just not happy with it, that doesn't qualify for Buyer Protection.

What's not eligible? Buyer Protection does not cover certain kinds of purchases. These include: digital goods (intangible items), services, property, vehicles (of any kind), custom made items, airline travel, or items that violate our policies (stuff that's usually prohibited by law anyway). Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family.

What's the process? You must open a dispute in within 45 days of your payment to initiate the Buyer Protection process. If you don't receive a response from the seller that you're happy with, you must escalate the dispute to a claim with in 20 days of when you first opened the dispute. When you escalate your dispute to a claim, you're asking PayPal to make a decision. We will then investigate the claim and make a decision on your eligibility in accordance with our User Agreement.

Maybe move the relevant info into the opening post?

Last edited:

benskoning

YouTube
Visit Channel
PayPal buyer protection

Buyer Protection
If an eligible item that you've bought online doesn't arrive, or doesn't match the seller's description, our Buyer Protection will reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus postage and packaging costs. Buyer Protection covers all your online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal. It also covers you when you make a payment on our website.

What's an eligible item? Only physical goods that can be posted and aren't prohibited by law are covered. Here are a few examples of situations where an item doesn't match the seller's description: you bought a book and got a DVD, you bought a new item but got something that was used, you bought 3 items but only got 2, the item was damaged during delivery, the item is missing major parts (that the seller didn't disclose), or you purchased an authentic brand but got a fake instead. If the seller has accurately described an item, but you're just not happy with it, that doesn't qualify for Buyer Protection.

What's not eligible? Buyer Protection does not cover certain kinds of purchases. These include: digital goods (intangible items), services, property, vehicles (of any kind), custom made items, airline travel, or items that violate our policies (stuff that's usually prohibited by law anyway). Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family.

What's the process? You must open a dispute in within 45 days of your payment to initiate the Buyer Protection process. If you don't receive a response from the seller that you're happy with, you must escalate the dispute to a claim with in 20 days of when you first opened the dispute. When you escalate your dispute to a claim, you're asking PayPal to make a decision. We will then investigate the claim and make a decision on your eligibility in accordance with our User Agreement.

Maybe move the relevant info into the opening post?

I think that is for making a claim if a store/business does not give you the item/service you purchase, Not a Personal transfer.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I pretty sure it's the point of PayPal.
As long as you put the transfer down as goods/services instead of friends/family.

Do you know that it costs money to use PayPal to transfer money? That's what you're paying for. A safe service.

jayefbe

WCA
2013BAHR02
I pretty sure it's the point of PayPal.
As long as you put the transfer down as goods/services instead of friends/family.

Do you know that it costs money to use PayPal to transfer money? That's what you're paying for. A safe service.

Yup, if you don't choose goods/services then there is no service fee for the person receiving the money. However, if they scam you out of something you purchased, you have no recourse for getting your money back. As long as you choose goods/services you have the ability to issue a paypal dispute and get your money back. Doesn't matter if the seller is a large business or someone selling their old cubes.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
Actually I just sent Florian money and still got charged even though I put the transfer as friends/family.

jayefbe

WCA
2013BAHR02
Actually I just sent Florian money and still got charged even though I put the transfer as friends/family.

It's free if you use a bank account or paypal account. Using debit or credit cards with the friends/family option, the sender incurs a fee. The recipient of the money does not get charged a fee if the sender chooses friends/family. The recipient does have to pay the fee if it's for goods/services.

David Jiang

I think that only account that are verified should be allowed to sell, anyone should be allowed to buy. But veteran members who spend time and can be trusted should be allowed to sell stuff.

Bamboo Cuber

WCA
2018WANJ09
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don’t think I really like the idea of this thread.

While informing the community about scamming and dishonesty can be useful, this thread can potentially turn into a long list of one-sided complaints. Arguments between buyers and sellers can also erupt. Additionally, there is no reliable mechanism for detecting untrue or frivolous scamming stories. This thread can easily turn into a huge mess.

Actually, it’s already getting a little messy. Some content on this thread already violates forum rules. For example, all the talk about PuzzleAddictions is technically not allowed. I’m somewhat surprised that has not been caught yet.

Instead, I think we should impose a minimum post count in order to use the “buy, sell, trade” section of this forum. This will at least demand some integration with our community before people can use it to do business.

I totally agree. There is no way to figure out if someone is telling the truth, this IS a forum and you can hide behind a computer.