• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] ShengShou Aurora 3x3x3

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Excellent

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Good

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Average

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Below Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is for reviews of the ShengShou Aurora 3x3x3. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

-------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

kannabie

If I may add a few words on my thoughts about this cube:
Bought it at lubix and've been extensively using this cube for about a month.
The best thing I like about it is its "knife-through-butter" smoothness. It's not very fast, probably because of lubix oil, but turns really-really smooth and with peculiar quiet mechanical clicks.
One of the side effects of such smoothness attributable only to this cube (to my knowledge) is that it makes you feel an urge to perfirm moves and combinations as precise as possible. I mean - i know it will cut angles great, but i just feel that turning layers of this cube in a way that its cubicles are ideally lined up together at each step is just right and i feel like i just shouldn't be very hasty and messy with it.

Would I recomment it? Yes, definitely. especially for those who prefer control over speed.

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I too have one from Lubix, and I just love the buttery creamy feel, even the sound of it. It's prone to accidental corner twists, it pops too much, and it doesn't accept certain fingertricks the way a ZhanChi would. But it feels so great that I can't put it down; it's my main and I am probably going to risk it going into my next comp, and definitely for OH. It's a very special cube. I wonder, is it the plastic that makes it feel so great?

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is my review of the Shengshou Aurora 3x3

I got this cube from 51 more fun (now champions cube store) in May. This is my first 3x3 speed cube.

When turning slowly the cube has a smooth bumpy feeling, but when turning fast, its more of a clicky smooth.
Corner cutting is line to line and half a cubie reverse on the tensions I have mine set at.
The cube has more of a slower speed though isn't sluggish by any means. the slow speed allows for super easy control.
Pops can happen pretty easily, especially on loser tensions. I have tightened mine a bit and has reduced popping, though it
can still occur. Due to the cubes control, I don't get lockups during solves. I don't experience many catches on this cube either.
I have experienced corner twists on this puzzle.

Grade: B recommendation: Maybe

This puzzle isn't for everyone. I would recommend this to people that like smooth controllable cubes.
The cube is fairly cheap making it a good choice for modding. This was my first speed cube as before I had a broken in Rubiks brand and
a crappy smily face cube, and solving on it is very nostalgic to me.

MultixCubes

The SS Aurora is an excellent cube for the beginners, i have this cube and it turns greatly.