• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedsolving.com Mobile - Tapatalk is now free

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
To access the forum via mobile, you can point your mobile browser to m.speedsolving.com as usual, or download the Tapatalk app and use that. Previously, it was a couple dollars for the app (on some platforms), but now it is free.

Get Tapatalk app for free!

Checkout Tapatalk 2 for Android in Amazon App Store, Tapatalk 4 (Beta) in Google Play, and the original Tapatalk app for iOS in the Apple App Store.

Update: Tapatalk is free and can be downloaded here. It provides not only a great browsing experience, but also has features like push notifications, subscriptions, liking posts, etc. We recommend using this or our mobile at at m.speedsolving.com.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Last edited:

BrainOfSweden

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
On a similar note, why does not the web page re-direct to the mobile site when accessing through a mobile browser, or jsut show it as is? It could of course be my browser, because on my phone it just shows a blank page when browsing www.speedsolving.com directly, but requesting desktop version shows everything normally. It's not the best experience to browse the full page on a 4" screen though, so thanks for pointing out that Tapatalk is now free, I had no idea.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
On a similar note, why does not the web page re-direct to the mobile site when accessing through a mobile browser, or jsut show it as is? It could of course be my browser, because on my phone it just shows a blank page when browsing www.speedsolving.com directly, but requesting desktop version shows everything normally. It's not the best experience to browse the full page on a 4" screen though, so thanks for pointing out that Tapatalk is now free, I had no idea.
Lots of people want to see the full page on their 4" screen. I had setup the auto-redirect but a lot of people preferred the other way.

What kind of phone are you using? The blank page issue has come up before, and it only happens on some phones.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Patrick: The blank page issue happened on my Galaxy S3, my ASUS Transformer tablet, and on my Nexus 4. Ever since I've used Chrome and "Request Desktop Site" though the issue is resolved. I still get a blank page though if I don't request desktop site on my Nexus 4 (I just tried it). Anyhow, thanks for the heads up for free Tapatalk. I'd been debating purchasing it, but since it's free I"ll give it a shot.

cubesonfire

WCA
2013MALI01
I have an Android micromax canvas 2 and I had the blank page issue on the Android browser but I got chrome and it resolved the issue. Also,I Am lucky not to buy tapatalk., I thought about it.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
The latest Tapatalk update is truly awful, to the point of being unusable. It's like they have a saboteur on their UI team, systematically ruining what used to be a decent app.

Are there any other forum reader apps (for Android) that work with speedsolving.com? Any recommendations?

I just have to rant. Here's some top tips for UI design, from the Tapatalk team.
  • Waste as much space as possible on pointless graphics (silly title bars)
  • The fewer posts visible, the better - people like scrolling (now only 3 per screen)
  • Make the most important information the least prominent (topic title in unread view)
  • Actually if information is useful at all, make it hard to see (unread posts marker - yes, there is one)
  • Or better still, remove it entirely! (time of last post in unread topics view)
  • Remove the features people use (browse), and add silly features nobody cares about (feed)
  • Make your navigation different to everyone else's (menu moved to right)
  • Who wants to refresh with one tap? Much better to bury the option in a menu
  • Oh, and make sure the refresh option is right next to "mark all read" to catch those lazy thumbs

Last edited:

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The latest Tapatalk update is truly awful, to the point of being unusable. It's like they have a saboteur on their UI team, systematically ruining what used to be a decent app.

Are there any other forum reader apps (for Android) that work with speedsolving.com? Any recommendations?

I just have to rant. Here's some top tips for UI design, from the Tapatalk team.
  • Waste as much space as possible on pointless graphics (silly title bars)
  • The fewer posts visible, the better - people like scrolling (now only 3 per screen)
  • Make the most important information the least prominent (topic title in unread view)
  • Actually if information is useful at all, make it hard to see (unread posts marker - yes, there is one)
  • Remove the features people use (browse), and add silly features nobody cares about (feed)
  • Make your navigation different to everyone else's (menu moved to right)
  • Who wants to refresh with one tap? Better to bury the option in a menu
  • Oh, and make sure the refresh option is right next to "mark all read" to catch those lazy thumbs

Personally I am viewing the desktop version from my phone with the chrome browser, works like a charm for me.

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
SpeedSolving.com doesn't seem to be working with Tapatalk on any of my devices anymore. I can still get to other forums with it, though. Can anyone check if the server Plugin needs an update?

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
SpeedSolving.com doesn't seem to be working with Tapatalk on any of my devices anymore. I can still get to other forums with it, though. Can anyone check if the server Plugin needs an update?

For me, its only been working on my home wifi and thats it.... dont know what that means, but maybe its helpful for diagnosing the problem.