• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Would a $590m Lotto Win Be Enough for You?

ScrummyAdam

I can't believe the PowerBall lotto jackpot in the US has got to $590 and won by a single winner.

I think If put everything I wanted on a piece of paper, I would still have hundreds of millions left over.

What would you do with this kind of lotto win? Looks like it is possible here - moreaboutwinninglottery.com

Last edited:
Where do they get the money for these things? And why are there still people suffering from hunger at the same time? Only talking US here, not world.

I can do nothing but shake my head at the overdrawn ridiculousness of it.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I remember hearing a statistic that 10% of wages earned by people on minimum wage in the states goes on lottery tickets.
That's an average so there are people spending almost all of their barely liveable money on trying to win a dream.

If I won that kinda money I'd just add it to the pile or buy Greece.

Last edited:
ROFL!! Buy Greece hehe

Amazing.. I buy a lottery ticket at new years (half a ticket even), and EVERY now and then a scratch ticket. Once in a blue moon.

Those people are better off couponing if you ask me, and then keep the income in your pocket, another way to get rich.. Couponing is another thing that can't be done here. Not like that what I see on those shows anyway. :)

What would I do.. get me a new cubing cabinet.. oh I would buy a house and pay it off, to put that cabinet in lol.. a regular farm house, nothing huge, I have to keep it clean too! Have it fenced off so my cats can play outside without the risk of being run over. :)

Give at least half to charity because I would never need THAT much money anyway.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fund businesses, create jobs, drive innovation, etc. Or get involved in charities. Having lots of money brings an opportunity to change the world for the better in some small way, not just buy loads of stuff!

applemobile

I can't believe the PowerBall lotto jackpot in the US has got to $590 and won by a single winner.

I think If put everything I wanted on a piece of paper, I would still have hundreds of millions left over.

What would you do with this kind of lotto win?

FYI you get taxed and stung to hell in the US. To take that 590million as a lump sum you really would only walk away with aroun $200million. The jackpot the advertise is nowhere near what anyone actually receives.

SenileGenXer

Mark 49152, great point that there is so much more than personal things. However getting involved in business ventures without business experience is usually the biggest component of how lottery winners lose it all. Lose it all fast.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mark 49152, great point that there is so much more than personal things. However getting involved in business ventures without business experience is usually the biggest component of how lottery winners lose it all. Lose it all fast.
I was simply answering the question in the OP. Your comment applies to non lottery winners as well, of course. We're free to spend our own money on our own mistakes! :)

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes it would be more than enough. I would just put most of the money into the cubing community somehow. For example I could sponsor world's with $1 million prize money per event and such. Hopefully more people would get interested in the sport.

ScrummyAdam

FYI you get taxed and stung to hell in the US. To take that 590million as a lump sum you really would only walk away with aroun $200million. The jackpot the advertise is nowhere near what anyone actually receives.

Oh wow that is crazy.

uniacto

WCA
2013KWON01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Lol "only".

I'd be totally happy with 200 million. If you take it a little bit at a time, won't you get taxed a bit less?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Off-Topic Discussion 36