• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

105x105x105 Rubik's cube solve attempt

soup

YouTube
Visit Channel
Current progress:

~20 hr. into the solve.
2DPVd.PNG

52/618 rows solved. (8.414%)

I should have some motivation back, since 50%+ of the face is now solved. At this pace, the centers should be done in roughly 240 hours' solve time.

Last edited:

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Current progress:

~20 hr. into the solve.
2DPVd.PNG

52/618 rows solved. (8.414%)

I should have some motivation back, since 50%+ of the face is now solved. At this pace, the centers should be done in roughly 240 hours' solve time.

200 hours, you don't have to solve the last one.

and, you have removed all green from the U face so that will probably decrease that time by a bit more too

soup

YouTube
Visit Channel
Now that the record is 111x111x111, I'll be abandoning this solve.

Final standings:
20.083 hours. ~53% green face completed, 22198 moves.

I'll do a 115x115x115 solve instead.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
soup, keep up your big cubes attempts. Even if you are not the one with The Record there are still people who notice, and are inspired by, the big cubes attempts you are doing.

It really inspired me to see that you were attempting a 105x105x105, and I even told some of friends about you. It saddens me to know that you are abandoning this attempt so easily (after Michael's 111x111x111 attempt).

If you are really in this for the record, then study Michael's method, try it several times on a smaller cube like a 10x10x10 or 20x20x20. If you can learn and understand his method, then you will be in a much better position to try to beat his records.

Good luck on your future attempts!

soup

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well.. the attempt no longer lives up to what it was intended for, so I had to abandon it. 2nd place is the first loser, as they say. I'm taking a short break from pursuing a world record... I'll be working on a 60x60, since there aren't any listings for cubes of that size. Should be done in about a day's worth of solve time. I'll see if I can keep up with the large cube attempts.

Speaking of that, how about a thread for huge cube solves? (say, 20x20+)

Last edited:

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well.. the attempt no longer lives up to what it was intended for, so I had to abandon it. 2nd place is the first loser, as they say.

I really feel sad whenever I read something like this from other cubers :(

Good luck with your attempts. I know you will find much success. I only wish you would enjoy yourself more in the process :/