• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best spring swap mods

gokkar

They're amazing in the Dayan 2x2. Pretty good in an Aosu as well, but corner cutting isn't as good. I prefer the Aosu stock springs.

Volcuber

Has anyone tried Maru CX3 soft springs in an Aolong? I have a set coming in the mail to try this out.

Volcuber

If I'm not busy doing OH, 6x6, or modding a megaminx I'll try that out later tonight and let you know. V1 or V2?

V2. I was gonna try the recommended SS Skewb ball bearing springs in my Aolong but I can't find a hardware set and don't really wanna buy a whole Skewb. Let me know how it goes!

WCA
2014BLOC01
It gets a lot faster, but less smooth. On my moderate tensions, it's cutting a bit over 45 and reverse cutting about 3/4 of a cubie. I'm not getting any issues with locking up or catching, though it's lost some stability. This is actually a pretty good cube, I think I'm going to leave those springs in.

Volcuber

It gets a lot faster, but less smooth. On my moderate tensions, it's cutting a bit over 45 and reverse cutting about 3/4 of a cubie. I'm not getting any issues with locking up or catching, though it's lost some stability. This is actually a pretty good cube, I think I'm going to leave those springs in.

Sounds sweet! Thanks.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I personally like the MeiYing better than any other cube. It does everything great but it's almost too fast. I put a bunch of lube in it but it still doesn't help all the time. I decided to try and put some AoLong springs in it. They are surprisingly different. The AoLongsprings are much much shorter and higher tension. This was a perfect swap. The MeiYing is now much more stable and controllable while still corner cutting just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b0ssGuy23

WCA
2015FAZE01
I put Yuxin 3x3 springs in my MoYu Pyraminx. I'm not even gonna say how It is after the swap.

Jk. I was bored, so I decided to put Yuxin 3x3 springs in my MoYu Pyraminx. The result is it is a lot faster, but you need to keep it on tight tensions. Loose tensions result into too many pops and wayyyy too unsable.

Last edited:

Mnts

WCA
2011SIDA01
Anyone knows which springs could improve yuxin 3x3? Mine is too slow with default springs. I tried dayan and moyu liying springs in it, but it didn't work fine. Please help.