• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 9.32 Avg of 5

WCA
2012CHIE01
I'm too much of a newbie to tell if he had practiced the scrambles beforehand...
After reading all of this I think Skyler is way too defensive and Kir make sense in his arguments.

I'm kind of a noob at cubing, and cannot tell whether the solves are real, but after reading through the thread, I feel the same way as this.

jskyler, when attempting to defend yourself in the future, try doing what Kir has been doing. Identify the points made against you, and respond to them in short brief sections. If you strive to do this, you'll ramble less, insult people less, and keep track of what has ACTUALLY been said. Responding in the manners that you have only makes you look guilty.

+1 again. In my eyes (noob), your reactions and responses make you look more guilty than your actual solves.

If I were in jskyler's shoes, I'd be really flattered by all this. If your solve is so nuts that people call shenanigans, you've got something really special.
lol

Gamadan

Hey guys, gals and everything between or outside,

So I have been really busy lately and thus have not had the time to make many vids/ practice much, but here is a pretty decent average of 5 I had last night when I was "warmed up" i.e. after like 150 straight solves lol. I am still trying to get down sub 11 so don't think this means I am sub 10 by any means, but I am finding that I get little nice averages of 5 like this more and more often now as I move into the 10's. Btw I had an 8.64 avg of 5 ending on the 10.46 solve which was a PB, however unfortunately I didn't record the first solve. Next is a sub 10 average of 12 for Kir. Hope you enjoy!!

[video=youtube_share;BIUivQzOV0s]
[/video]
How did you average reaching sub 10? Do I really need to slow down turning the cube while I don't pause, or do I need to just keep solving and solving?