• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ShadowCuber

I know there haven't been any threads like this before concerning just stickers. No thread has soley just covered this area in cubing. I think that it would be a good idea, to just post about what kind of stickers you use on your cubes, what colours, size, logo's, where you buy them, how often you change them/clean, and everything else in regards to stickers. It is so you can see what other people are using and where they may purchase them and apply the stickers so that you can choose what you want to learn about stickers.

Questions and opinions about stickers are welcome to this thread
Please search before posting one answer questions - http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?8710-The-One-Answer-Question-Thread
This thread is for cubing-related goals (other puzzles are excepted eg: gear cubes, shape shift etc...)
Photo's are recomended for other users to identify correct colours

ShadowCuber's Sticker's
Cube: Store Bought Zhanchi
Stickers: White, Fluorescent Yellow, Fluorescent Orange, Fluorescent Green, Red, Ice Blue (Izo's Favourite)
Bought From: Puzzle Addictions - http://www.puzzleaddictions.com/izo-stickers-6-sides-full-customization/
Applied: Individually by hand
image.jpg

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ottozings stickers for main speedcubes

Wittwo v1, modded: Light blue, Bright orange, Red, White, Fluorecent green, Fluorecent yellow. Got them from Cubesmith.
Fangcun, modded: Half-Brights fitted MODstickers from thecubicle.us
Old Zhanchi, modded: Half-Brights with bright blue fitted MODstickers fromm thecubicle.us
ShengShou 4x4 v3, modded: Z-brights from 51morefun.
ShengShou 5x5 (The one with the clear core), modded: Z-brights from 51morefun.
ShengShou 6x6, modded: Cubesmith Half-Brights with Bright blue.
ShengShou 7x7: Cubesmith Half-Brights with Bright blue.
ShengShou Pyraminx: Z-sticker bright red, fluro yellow, fluro green, normal blue. Got them at 51morefun.
Dayan Megaminx, modded: Puzzle addictions standard set.
MF8 Square-1 v2: Puzzle addictions Izo-set.

Will update later because I have more stickers on order.

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmmm interesting thread.

This will be quite useful information I could use for input for future Izo sticker creations ;) I've taken up on some Florian Mod stickers for SS4/5/6. Was conversing with Algorithmist on some pretty accurate details earlier ;)

This is a bit funny because Izo's Favorite aren't just my own favorite... I also really like the Super Bright (White, Fluorescent Yellow, F. Orange, F. Green, F. Red, Olympic Blue). It works great on black plastic puzzles and it is really a customer feedback choice. I got rid of the 'Crazy Bright' because that set was really crazy lol.

Sorry have had too much Coffee and Irish Cream.

I would LOVE to get a cutter w/printing capabilities... it's just that the printing machine costs so much.

Gordon

WCA
2014LAZA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
In the beginning I've had a lot of different sticker colours on my cubes. Mostly the ones they came with and some others from cubesmith (half-bright and full-bright) and the Izo's Favorite Set on my Type C WitYou.

Meanwhile I think the following colours are my favourites:
- white
- light blue
- fluorescent pink
- bright orange
- fluorescent yellow
- fluorescent green

At the moment I have only stickered two 3x3's (blue and black ZhanChi) with these colours, but have the stickers for my 4x4 and the ones for the 2x2 are ordered.

2qcknrd.jpg

Cubinguy

2x2-7x7, SQ-1: White, Fluorescent Yellow, Mint, Fluorescent Green, Red, Fluorescent orange
Megaminx:White, Purple, Fluorescent green, GRass green, Light Green, Fluorescent Orange, Mint, Brilliant Blue, Fluorescent pink, Fluorescent Red, Silver grey
All from puzzleaddictions and all with izo logo

elrog

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I personally prefer tiles over stickers any day. I also prefer to get the textured tiles. I orered them from CubeSmith and put them on my White Zanchi. So far, they're great. I got black instead of white and I got a florescent orange. The only thing I can say bad about my stickers is I wish I had bright/florescent green instead of regular green.

How long do they last, say with a good 8 hours a day of use? Or should I just spring for a set of tiles?

I do really like my tiles and they have held up well for me so far. I've had them for about 8-10 months. Another option you have is to get regular stickers and put something over them. I have a friend who just used mod podge (not sure if I'm spelling it right) on them. He said his have lasted very well and he applied a texture to the cube when using the it. A third option is to paint the cube. I have a old cube that I painted with nail polish. I don't think I could get it off if I tried. I'm not sure that you should do this to your main speedcube because I don't know if paintedthe cube is legal for competitions.

JF1zl3

WCA
2013REUS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is my recent order from The Cubicle. I got the stickers I figured would help me the most.

4qr0iw.png

I only got the ShenShou 4x4x4 because it said if my order is over $10 I get free shipping, and I want to start getting into 4x4 more and I have heard good things about that particular cube.

Tenaji