• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Pillowed V-Cube 4x4x4

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Excellent

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Good

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Below Average

• Poor

• Total voters

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is for reviews of the Pillowed V-Cube 4x4x4. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so Pi should have uploaded this, but I just saw it and wanted to share :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mati1242

Seems like the turning is OK, but I think there will be popping issues.

Waiting to see flat version review and performance.

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
If I was a serious 4x4 solver I would get it. But since I am not, I am sticking to my modded shengshou v3. I put too much time into it and the v-cube I don't think could compare to a konsta+florian modded shengshou. We do have to remember that Pi is a big v-cubes supporter and was given the cube as a gift. So I wouldn't go out an buy one until more reviews come out that better compare the v-cube to the shengshou and/or dayan+mf8. And that $40 price tag isn't too appealing either.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
Muted video and skipped through it. I see the X cube stole the alignment mechanism from Verdes from 2 years in the past.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It looks as those it could be could but comparied to a a modded v3 or v4 or unmodded v4

His knock off views are annoying hating to show the shengshou since it's a knockoff when we just want to know how it comparies

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It looks as those it could be could but comparied to a a modded v3 or v4 or unmodded v4

His knock off views are annoying hating to show the shengshou since it's a knockoff when we just want to know how it comparies

Actually he said he didn't want to compare it until he got the cubic one.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
He hates knock offs and won't buy an 8x8 till v cubes comes out (he allowed to what ever be wants I don't care) and the shengshou is a knock off so yeah

That's not the point. I actually agree with him on that point (I know, hate me right?!?) but he did say he won't bother comparing them until he gets the cubic one so that he can compare 2 cubes of the same form.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Huh, looks like they actually put in a bit of thought on this cube, that took me by surprise. Probably have to mod it to make it great though since the pieces haven't been rounded off much.

Hmm, I think it would be best to leave them square-ish, probably holds the cube together a bit better. It does look very well made though. Can't wait for the cubic review, and even though dayan are bringing out more 4x4's, I'm seriously considering getting one of these instead. :)

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have watched the review and I will buy a V-cube 4. My guess that that V-cubes would use "memyselfandpi"'s own V-Cube 6 mod for the V-Cube 4 is correct after all.

And I like the fact that the V-cube 4 is adjustable.