• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[New!] mf8+Dayan 4x4 V2 & V3, Dayan Megaminx V2

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
so, is the difference between the v2 and v3 just size? I don't see any differences in the pieces

They are different. Some differences I can see are:
-The edge pieces on the black cube have an extra bar in the center that the red ones don't
-the center pieces on the red have a thin extension that the black ones don't have
-The pieces on the black one are rounded at the corners, whereas the red one is more like a zhanchi (straight-cut)

Zeotor

Hopefully when someone gets it they make a vid with doing slice moves :)
The following 51morefun video shows slice moves on the primary color on. (At least, I think it does. My computer's going so slow it makes dial-up seem fast.)

51morefun also has a video up of the primary color mf8 megaminx v3. Link.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
Mine has just arrived.

1st impression, disappointing.

It turned up unlubed so I fully disassembled it and rebuilt it while lubing.
I dialled in the tensions for about half an hour and just can't seem to find a good all rounder.

The inner layers are smooth, the outer layer is catchy and as a result so are the slices.

=(

I shall update if I get the cube tensioned just right but at the moment I'm not very hopeful.

Although this cube looks very sexy, I think I've given up on ball cores.... I just can't seem to get tensions right or something.
Who am I kidding, I'm totally buying this.

mati1242

Mine has just arrived.

1st impression, disappointing.

It turned up unlubed so I fully disassembled it and rebuilt it while lubing.
I dialled in the tensions for about half an hour and just can't seem to find a good all rounder.

The inner layers are smooth, the outer layer is catchy and as a result so are the slices.
=(

I shall update if I get the cube tensioned just right but at the moment I'm not very hopeful.

I don't have this cube in my hands, but I was expecting that it will be locky, because of the pieces.
Maybe it will be getting better with solves, but I think that it will lock up quite often even after breaking in.

I'm kinda worried about the PanShi - because it also have different pieces that can cause lock ups.

We'll se.

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any ideas what exactly is causing the locking? Do you think it might be modded to make it better? Looks like the corners might have the same issue as those on the Dayan megaminx with the outer parts catching on the centres, is that the case? I really want this to be a good cube.

ncube

WCA
2010BAYL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have an idea about the locking. I think it's because in the 2x2 core, those pieces aren't rounded. As a result, when the outer layers want to cut, the 2x2 cannot cut with it. So, I guess to counter that one could do the Florian mod on the 2x2 pieces. I'm kinda worried though.
edit: if only dayan used their new 2x2 in progress for the internal 2x2...