• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Megaminx Discussion and Help

cashis

So, I'd just like to say that megaminx is becoming my favorite event very quickly. I average around 3, but literally every solve is faster. The improvement is so quick, and every solve I'm finding more and more pieces.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Mega equivalence chart

So in mega what are the roughly equivalent times to 333 (eg. Like in 333 OH 40=~20 333)?

Or what is sub3/2/1 equivalent to if a cuber of similar 333 ability did a solve?

Sorry if it's a bit unclear but I've never been very good at written explanations (as many have probably already worked out).

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So in mega what are the roughly equivalent times to 333 (eg. Like in 333 OH 40=~20 333)?

Or what is sub3/2/1 equivalent to if a cuber of similar 333 ability did a solve?

Sorry if it's a bit unclear but I've never been very good at written explanations (as many have probably already worked out).
I'm around 17 on 3x3 and 2:30 on mega. Don't know how that compares.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
How do I do what you two just did? I see it all the time but never learned how.
@Berd: I do: 4x4-Skewb & 5x5-Pyraminx-Mega-3x3 & OH-Whatever needs practice the most-Sunday is a day of rest I don't solve on Sundays.

Do you mean quote? If you're not on tapatalk there's a button on the bottom right of each post that looks like a speech bubble with quotation marks in it. This will take you to an automatic reply box with the quote already in the reply box.

It's slightly different on Tapatalk i think but i don't use it so you'll have to ask someone who does.

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
Practising on different days is a really good idea, I've never heard of anyone doing it like that before.
@MC1 do you find that you come back to an event stronger after a week off?

YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you mean quote? If you're not on tapatalk there's a button on the bottom right of each post that looks like a speech bubble with quotation marks in it. This will take you to an automatic reply box with the quote already in the reply box.

It's slightly different on Tapatalk i think but i don't use it so you'll have to ask someone who does.
Okay thanks

@MC1 do you find that you come back to an event stronger after a week off?
Yeah I sometimes video too to critique solves, find out splits, and in general see how I can improve. Anticipation makes practice time more fun.

Phinagin

WCA
2015PATT04
I was wondering if there are any people who are CN on megaminx, I know that there are tons of 3x3 CN people. But megaminx I feel that there are too many pieces and colours to make trying to be CN worth your time. Or even would it give much of an advantage?

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was wondering if there are any people who are CN on megaminx, I know that there are tons of 3x3 CN people. But megaminx I feel that there are too many pieces and colours to make trying to be CN worth your time. Or even would it give much of an advantage?
I know that Rob Yau is colour neutral. Ya Da Hyun isn't tho.

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I say I'm colour neutral but when I'm looking for a good start, the pieces with brighter stickers stand out more, so I think I tend to avoid darker stars most of the time. But I don't think I have any difficulty starting with darker stars.