• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help! My laptop keyboard doesn't work

jonlin

WCA
2012LINJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, here's the problem.
I turned on the computer. Good.
I clicked on my user account. Good.
I started to type. Bad.
The only keys that registered were( I checked) Space, Backspace(Which oddly registered as a character in the password screen) and M(Which oddly registered as Enter).
It's definitely a computer problem. I 'borrowed' my dad's USB keyboard in hope it worked. Yes? No. The USB keyboard was acting up in the same way that it was on my laptop's keyboard. So where's the problem?
(PS I thank the person who helps me in advance)

CarlBrannen

WCA
2013BRAN01
The keyboard communicates with the main board using a flat "ribbon" cable. I'm guessing that yours is partly loose. But you must have been very lucky to get it to partially work.

These seem like pretty reasonable instructions (at first glance). I doubt they're for your laptop but it gives you the flavor of what you'd be getting into if you wanted to try this. You'd have to download the repair manual for your particular type of laptop. And ***warning***, you shouldn't try this if you're clumsy (and most people are very clumsy; they quickly break the tiny fragile parts in modern computers):
http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/08/30/removing-replacing-laptop-keyboard/