• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What method do you use? (poll)

What 3x3 method do you use?

• Total voters

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
There have been several polls asking which main speedcubing method you use, but they are outdated.
Which method is your main/the method you use in competition?
Why do you like/use this method?

It is going to be interesting to see the difference between CFOP and Roux especially.

Last edited:

Tyjet66

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've actually never been to a competition so I should be disqualified from answering but I'm going to anyway:

If I was to go to a competition, I'd use CFOP as that's the method I am fastest with, <30. When I'm bored I use Roux, LBL, or a method I came up with (probably not original, but one I figured out myself and only use when extremely bored as it's slow.)

Tl;dr - CFOP is my main method.

cubernya

Premium Member
Because I want to switch to Roux, but haven't completely yet, I voted for CFOP since it's still what's done on a lot of my solves (I've been doing 4x4 lately)

WCA
2011BOYD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use CFOP. I learned it because I didn't understand other methods at the time. I'll admit Roux is more fun, but I am not switching to it because I've worked so hard to get were I am currently.

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
Pretty much bog-standard CFOP. I keep meaning to learn stuff like COLL, ELL, WV etc, but I never stick with anything and just forget them :fp

mDiPalma

3x3: pretty much anything that's not a corners first derivative
OH: ZZ
4x4: yau+COL
5x5+: OBLBL