• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mobile / tablet version not working

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
I was trying to browse speedsolving.com on my Android tablet and only a blank page shows up. I can only see the forum if I set Chrome to "Request desktop version". Has anyone else with a mobile device tried to browse the forum lately?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Are you typing in speedsolving.com and this happens? What if you try "www.speedsolving.com"? What about "m.speedsolving.com"? Let me know the results on those URL's. Thanks.

RNewms27

YouTube
Visit Channel
This used to be a problem for me. I googled speedsolving and clicked the site from there and it was viewed in some strange format. 'VBulletin' iirc.

I clicked something on there and now speedsolving.com always works. (Ipod Touch - Safari)

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Did this issue just start, or has it happened all the time?

It appears to be an issue with the vBA CMPS that runs the homepage of speedsolving.com. If you go straight to the forum at http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/forum.php, it should work.

I just upgraded the CMPS. Do you still get the blank page? If so, I'll setup an agent redirect for mobile devices. Keep me updated if things improve. It is interesting, because when I go to speedsolving.com on my Android phone, it loads the mobile version fine.

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've made some changes. It seems to load fine on my android phone. Can someone please check and see if you're still getting the blank page?

I'm still getting a blank on my iPhone 5 and Android.

EDIT: it works if I go to m.speedsolving.com and then click desktop style. If I just try to go to Speedsolving.com it's blank.

Last edited:

WhipeeDip

WCA
2012YOON02
Mobile Version of forum not working

When I visit these forums on Safari on my iPhone 4 on iOS 6.0.1, nothing shows. It's blank. Happens all the time.
Any fix?