• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Zealand Nationals 2012

SixSidedCube

WCA
2012LOUD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know 50 something oll and full pll
and sune anti sune and h(I think the one with 4 cases) for cll on 2x2 I want to finish it.

OLL has been a long time coming since just before nz champs 2010 where I learned almost 2 look oll (I think) all I remember is I improved 10 seconds in the week before

not many kiwis post regular on here there's Dene and me, and Cubeorcubes rencently that I know of

Oh nice! I'm going to get back into my OLL's and re-learn a few PLL's I forgot >.<

I want to know at least 40-50 OLL's before I go to the comp in December.

Yeah, Dene is a boss at posting (And bugging people :p) Him and I had a good laugh at the Waikato Summer Open last year when we were relaxing at Josh's flat :p To be fair though, he had drunk a HEAP of Demon.... AND was listening to Amon Amarth.... :D I am fully going to get more active on this forum now.

euninja

WCA
2012NGEU01
hopefully will attend~~ after exams which is good, i started cubing last christmas holidays, but then stopped as I got too busy, and then started again last month, gives me something to do during breaks between study, so basically been cubing for a few months all up. i use 2 look OLL and full PLL. average 20s sometimes get sub-20, still really beginner, so hope to meet people at the comp, as I dont know anyone that cubes =.=

SixSidedCube

WCA
2012LOUD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone know where to get Lubix like lubricant in Auckland?

I have not found any pure silicone out there, I just ordered three new cubes from Lubix.com (Ultimate Lubix Zhanchi, 55mm Zhanchi, and Ultimate Wittwo 2x2). They do it all for you, and for the work they do, the price is amazing. Buy it straight from them. :) You can either buy a new cube (Modded, tensioned and pre-lubed with lubix, or you can just buy the Lubix Silicone.

euninja

WCA
2012NGEU01
Does anyone know where to get Lubix like lubricant in Auckland?

I've ordered the CRC One drop slik from Repco, so hope it will be here soon, it contains the same stuff as lubix, but this one is quite watery (I don't know how thick lubix is) so i'll give that a try and see how it goes, as I use crc 808 now but it dries up really fast for me. maybe also try diff oil??

DarkFusion

Yea I'm making a big order from CubeDepot soon after my exams finish and I will probably order some Lubix

D4vd

WCA
2010LIMD01
Well I think sq1 has a good chance of being an event.
Clock should be there too.
6&7 depending on time.
FMC, would like to try it since we haven't done it at a NZ comp before. Maybe if we have time.
Mega possible too.
Not sure about feet.

At the moment numbers are low so it seems that we will have plenty of time however I hope more people sign up!

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I think sq1 has a good chance of being an event.

At the moment numbers are low so it seems that we will have plenty of time however I hope more people sign up!
me too kinda

on fmc we could always try it. There I first time for everything. I suck at it and don't use anywhere near an hour(linear solutions slightly shorter than my speedsolving ones)

jbrungar

Premium Member
WCA
2009BRUN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yea it depends on numbers and time available, wont be making any decisions til closer to and on the day. Let's just focus on getting the numbers up. Get the word out, tell everyone you know. We need to build up the active community in NZ. We all want more comps after this one too, so we need to work on this. If we don't get to run an event at this comp, there is always other opportunities later, but we need the numbers.

euninja

WCA
2012NGEU01
Hi there, are we able to sign up for an event and then pull out of an event if we don't want to compete in it? As i just ordered a pyraminx, and it will arrive just before the competition, but I have never solved one before, so not sure if I will manage to learn how to solve it before the comp.
And just wondering if any of you are interested in buying a Rubik's cube tissue box as seen off the Big Bang Theory, asked mum to make me one and there was spare wool to make some more~~ I have 1 solved one, and 6 scrambled ones. a majority of the scrambled cubes are random colour schemes, i think only 1 of them is in 'solvable' colours.
Scrambled version DSC_0074.jpg
Solved version DSC_0075.jpg

Last edited: