• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WinPooh

Continue my tour in the Rouxland.
Timed splits:
FB 13.50
SB 13.57
Corners 7.13
Edges orientation 3.74
Edges permutation 9.40
Also I spend 10-15 sec. on transitions, so my current avg is about 1 min. (my CFOP avg is sub 35).
Any advices?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Continue my tour in the Rouxland.
Timed splits:
FB 13.50
SB 13.57
Corners 7.13
Edges orientation 3.74
Edges permutation 9.40
Also I spend 10-15 sec. on transitions, so my current avg is about 1 min. (my CFOP avg is sub 35).
Any advices?

Work on transitions and recognition time as well as tracking for SB. This will naturally bring your time down as you get better at these techniques.

Also, try to plan out your first block in inspection so you can execute as quickly and smoothly as possible. It will also help you when trying to track for SB as you already know what moves you will be doing.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What should a good move count for sub-10 F2B be? (for both F2B and the full solve)

And what sort of time should you be able to do with a sub-10 F2B?

Thanks
Maybe 30 moves, and 55-60 for the full solve. I aim for 30 move F2Bs, and I know there's room for improvement in both blocks.
F2B is roughly half the solve, so if that's 10 seconds then you'll probably be averaging around 20 for the entire solve.

Dan Cochrane

Well I still use two look, same as dominugget and think Mr Sahdowslixw e so yeah cmll is slow, and therefore takes up the solve. That's my priority improvement point...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe 30 moves, and 55-60 for the full solve. I aim for 30 move F2Bs

I do ~23-27 moves and average ~19 (my Ao 50 is 18.96) Does this mean I should work more on my efficiency or more on my tps?

more like 17-18 unless cmll is slo
yeah I tend to average this if my F2B is sub-10, maybe 16 if my CMLL is nice.

Also, thanks for the spelling Dan

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I decided to get back into Roux! I have about a 14 second F2B followed by a 4 second CMLL and about 7 second LSE. Movecount is probably up there, but can almost do FB BLD :) what should I work on for sub-20?

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do ~23-27 moves and average ~19 (my Ao 50 is 18.96) Does this mean I should work more on my efficiency or more on my tps?

yeah I tend to average this if my F2B is sub-10, maybe 16 if my CMLL is nice.

Also, thanks for the spelling Dan

i doubt in a real solve you average 23-27. a lot of times lots of waste moves here and there add up especially if your lookahead isn't too good. so reduce these waste moves in solve and your efficiency will be very good. reduce pause between fb and sb either by predicting/tracking DR or turning slow in fb and focus on smooth turning for good lookahead.

but really a video is needed for better advice.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
i doubt in a real solve you average 23-27. a lot of times lots of waste moves here and there add up especially if your lookahead isn't too good. so reduce these waste moves in solve and your efficiency will be very good. reduce pause between fb and sb either by predicting/tracking DR or turning slow in fb and focus on smooth turning for good lookahead.

but really a video is needed for better advice.

My FB is ~ 9-10 moves (although sometimes I do higher to help with tracking so I can keep some pieces in my sight if I can't work out what to do with them in inspection) SB I don't really know. My total for F2B going for efficiency with no time restraints is usually <20.

I'll see if I can do a video, I myself need to review my solves more.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I decided to get back into Roux! I have about a 14 second F2B followed by a 4 second CMLL and about 7 second LSE. Movecount is probably up there, but can almost do FB BLD :) what should I work on for sub-20?

if your first block is efficient enough, you should be able to get it done in about 3 seconds. Is second block that hard? do slow solves to figure out how to solve pairs in a non-cfoppy way, and 6 second SB should be easy. you can probably get cmll in about 3.5 with 2 look, but 2 seconds if you already know COLL. LSE, work on EO and learn the direct solving algs.