• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Older cubers discussions

JanW

WCA
2018WANA01
Well, with less than 10 successful solves under the belt, it's still quite easy to do a PB. I've probably screwed up all the easiest scrambles so far...

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey that's awesome, and fast too. 5BLD is hard!

Yes, it is thats why i try not to focus what kind of mistake I did. Even if it's the simplest one. BTW I have a good day for solves - I did twice 4bld, with almost the same times 9:28 and 9:26. And now I've done PB in 4x4 - first sub 1 solve: 58.08. Just a lucky, good solve - fast edges and centers, nice pairing and good 3x3 stage.

scramble
Rw2 B2 F2 Fw' L R F2 L Uw L' D2 Fw B2 D Uw' L B' L' Fw' B' U' L' Rw' D Fw' Uw' L2 R' F' Uw2 U' D R' Fw' F2 Uw' D Fw L2 B'

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've managed to get a bit of time to myself this evening so have been working on edge comms for the M slice. There are surprisingly few resources especially for DF buffer. I could only find 2 lists. Another hour or so should be enough for a decent list then the hard work of learning it starts. I'll post it so those interested can help me improve it when I'm done.

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
New PBs

Ao5: 25.257 (was 25.598)
Ao12: 27.044 (was 27.237)

Now it's time to finally try to learn another CMLL set, I think I'll do slow solves and stop timing for a week (and finish to learn M2).

Much more skilled than most. That trainer looks good! I will definitely use it when I finally come to CMLL in my long TO DO list.
Thanks! (but I should try to learn modern tricks)

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
New PBs

Ao5: 25.257 (was 25.598)
Ao12: 27.044 (was 27.237)

Now it's time to finally try to learn another CMLL set, I think I'll do slow solves and stop timing for a week (and finish to learn M2).

Thanks! (but I should try to learn modern tricks)

Nice! I was trying your cmll trainer and told myself: if i'm sub 20 with cfop I will practice roux again. :) Now Im back to practicing 4x4. I havent done it for few months and finally broke sub 1:20 barrier in AO12 - 1:17.94. Now it's time for AO50 and 100.

Last edited:

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great!

Why the improvement in 4x4 after months of not practicing it? That's both cool and weird.

I'll get into 4x4 and 5x5 some day, not bigger than that because I'll use Roux to solve the last part.

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wasnt practicing it beacause I've focused on other events. And cutoffs were so low (1:00) that I knew I wouldnt pass it. But my normal average was around 1:30.

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
if i'm sub 20 with cfop I will practice roux again. :)

I've not been cubing much recently (some days not even touching a cube) but I have started to play with Roux again.

I'm currently averaging about 36s but some parts of my solve suck big time... mainly my L6E. I might learn CMLL as well because I find it so repetitive using 2-looks!

There is plenty of scope for impRouxvment so I'm going to keep practicing. :)

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've not been cubing much recently (some days not even touching a cube) but I have started to play with Roux again.

I'm currently averaging about 36s but some parts of my solve suck big time... mainly my L6E. I might learn CMLL as well because I find it so repetitive using 2-looks!

There is plenty of scope for impRouxvment so I'm going to keep practicing. :)

Great, maybe Marcel could also try again Roux if he is bored of CFOP ;)

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you use CMLL? if so, no problem remembering them after some time not practicing Roux?

Yes. I dont remeber them all at the moment, but few of them yes. And after practicing cmlls I've noticed I look at the patterns when I do OLLs and sometimes I use COLLs (some of my cmlls were colls) to create EPLL. It was worth learing though I was weak at it - cmlls took me even 8 seconds (recognition and execution).

Back to 5bld - another fail with filpped edge. The same edge, which I've noticed this time, but I didn't notice it is filpped. I suck.