• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Older cubers discussions

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have these bad sessions as well. But it can be as wild as doing an 21 seconds Ao50 in the morning and a sub 19 Ao50 in the evening. It all comes down to focus. I really need to be focussed to get good times.

I have them occasionally but this one took me surprise. Last week I did not have any sup-20 sessions and despite having a few days off my other events have been ok this week. Today was a little better... 20 solves before work slightly sup-20 and 30 solves during lunch slightly sub-20.

A quick Ao12 on the 4x4 came out at 1:27 with just 3 solves sup-1:30. It'll be nice if I can do a full average in competition! I never did get the Cyclone Boys 4x4. You should come to the UK champs in November and let us try it. ;)

Funny... it was just a few days ago when I was reviewing my goals for the year and saw you were planning to spend less time cubing this year. You haven't shown many signs of it until now. ;)

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I never did get the Cyclone Boys 4x4. You should come to the UK champs in November and let us try it. ;)

I would love to go to an UK competition but it is not likely that this year that will happen :)

Funny... it was just a few days ago when I was reviewing my goals for the year and saw you were planning to spend less time cubing this year. You haven't shown many signs of it until now. ;)
I still enjoy cubing a lot. But I really do not feel the urge to do as many as I used to.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm half way to ABHC so my chances of making it are now better than 50/50.

Marcel - maybe you just need a new challenge to rekindle your enthusiasm. Have you done much 5x5 recently? Or 6x6? How about Clock? :D

Or we could have a Marcel's Bar 3BLD race...

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Marcel - maybe you just need a new challenge to rekindle your enthusiasm. Have you done much 5x5 recently? Or 6x6? How about Clock? :D

Or we could have a Marcel's Bar 3BLD race...

LOL.. I do a few 5X5's per week. I average 5 minutes. That's cool enough for me. Never did clock or intentend to do clock. 6x6 might be interesting. I have solved 6x6 maybe 2 - 3 times in my life. I think, in winter or so I might get back to give Roux or ZZ a new try. These are both very cool methods.

Mark and Micheal enjoy your competition today! I will follow results on cubecomps.com.

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mark and Micheal enjoy your competition today! I will follow results on cubecomps.com.

Super happy with this my results this morning! We've done 2x2 (5.84/6.87) and 4x4 (1:18.38/1:23.86)

I was surprised to make it through to the second round of 2x2 after my first round performance. The second round was around the same as my global average.

I was very relieved to make the average cut-off for 4x4... I opened up with a 1:46 but followed it with a 1:25:45 despite double parity!

My first four solves on 4x4 were double parity but the last one was only PLL parity. I reckon my global average is around 1:27 right now so very happy with 1:23 average.

Mark not having such a good time given his times at home but with some luck it will change for 3x3 and 3BLD.

http://cubecomps.com/live.php?cid=1088&compid=12

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mark not having such a good time given his times at home but with some luck it will change for 3x3 and 3BLD.
Yeah 2x2 was embarrassing, I screwed up PBLs on four solves and got a 14 average, but I'm not that bothered because I rarely practise 2x2 and don't take it seriously. I had to look up several PBLs from my cheat sheet while warming up.

4x4 also not great - had shaky hands. 1:31 average, 1:24 best. Bit disappointed - I'm around 1:20 at home and would have liked at least sub-1:30 but never mind.

3BLD was great. Took the first attempt slow and careful and got a 5:29 success. Took a bit more risk with the second and got 4:21. No time for a third. Delighted with that.

Mike did great - no sign of his times being affected by comp nerves :).

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
3BLD was great. Took the first attempt slow and careful and got a 5:29 success. Took a bit more risk with the second and got 4:21. No time for a third. Delighted with that.

Mike did great - no sign of his times being affected by comp nerves :).

Awesome. Two successes in 3BLD and one was fast as well!

Just about able to keep my nerves in check. Comment about Fonzy made me chuckle!

I have decent video footage of my solves which I will try to do something with on Monday.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I bet that was not a pretty sight.. LOL
Not sure if I remember the order right but the pairs were IC WP NL HG. Marcel (Nederlands) typing on an old 80s word processor with a floating ball of mercury inside (integrated circuit).

Oi Mark.. DNF Rubiks average... What happened? At least you had two super cool BLD success to make it still a great competition.
Oh man, where do I start. I have a 4 hour drive home to agonize over that one. It's been a comp of contrast for me - did awesome at blind and royally screwed up everything else. I entered MBLD at the last minute and got 2/2, and came 4th. Still got 5x5 to go though...

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Seriously.. I doubt anyone in the whole world who practiced 3 weeks BLD enters a competition and has two BLD successes and had a MBLD succes. That is freaking awesome! Never mind all the other events. You did well.. I promise. :)

Mark, you're officially better than me at Multi! :D

Awesome. Was this your first ever attempt at a Mbld? First success?

Thanks guys. Yes first attempt. I never had any intention of doing MBLD, ever, but Adam encouraged me to take a shot at it and gave me some really good tips. I admit they were quite easy scrambles though - no parities or flipped edges to remember, not too many cycle breaks, and one cube had two corners solved. So now I'm ranked 17th/26 in the UK and officially better than TDM - silly isn't it :D. TDM, I hope this motivates you to pull off an awesome PB at your next comp and take your rightful place above me! :D