• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Problem with the Rubiks Magic

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Now that we're talking about magic and strings: My magic unwired a few weeks after German Open 2006, I've seen how to put the strings on for a part, but don't know exactly how to do it. I've tried with help of some websites but didn't manage to put it together again, now it is in a plastic box and it has been since then. i kind of gave up on putting it together myself, any tips or something?

MasterofRubix

is it easier to replace one string at a time or even though only one string broke, taking the whole magic apart and putting it back together from scratch?

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It depends, some strings are caught under others so you have to pretty much take the whole thing apart if just one string breaks though the magic will usually hold together until you break another one

MasterofRubix

ya but its awful to play with one broken string, the puzzle doesnt work properly and it feels weird when you start twisting it. i didnt pull the broken string out yet but i might just do it one of these days.