• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One handed Roux cube idea

• Thread starter Deleted member 15503
  • Start date

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool idea, now to see if it's practical...

I remember some brands of bigcube where certain layers could be turned by themselves very easily, also due to hanging pieces. So I think there's potential although it might take several revisions to end up speedcubable.

Cheese11

WCA
2011KULC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool idea, now to see if it's practical...

I remember some brands of bigcube where certain layers could be turned by themselves very easily, also due to hanging pieces. So I think there's potential although it might take several revisions to end up speedcubable.

I thought that this was only with the Rubik's 5x5 because it was so stiff.

Shiv3r

WCA
2016LEWI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I a
today I had this idea for a new kind of 3x3 cube: what if you could make a cube that allows slice turns like a v cube 6x6, like where you turn the middel layer and while only holding one of the outer layers, the other one also doesn't turn.
what would this mean?
I think that this would instantly make roux the best method for one handed, cause after the first block, its no rotations anymore, and after the second, completely 2-gen!
someone has to make this cube!!
I agree, this would be very interesting. I would like someone to make a basic design, and I'll 3d-print one.

pleace make a sketch and I'll see what I can do.
EDIT: i just realized that oskar has already made one, dammit.