• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hunger Games

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have seen plenty of movies and selected a few as my favorite but dang, Hunger Games is at the top of my list. I never read the book, but I'm planning to. But I have to say, this movie has it all; thrill, suspense, comedy. Not only will it make hold on to your seats, but it could make you cry. I am a very sensitive person, but I didn't cry at all, but I felt very emotional, as if I were going to. 6 days has passed since I watched the movie, and every single emotion I felt throughout the movie is still going through me. Idk if it just me though.

I think the emotional experience must have been better since you did not read the book. Since I read it, I knew exactly what was going to happen, so I never felt it to be too suspenseful. I did think it was a good movie. They stayed very true to the book which I liked.

MirzaCubing

WCA
2011MIRZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Hunger Games is my favorite book :) well actually the second one in the series is my favorite XD
There were some parts of the movie that were disappointing to me since I knew exactly what would happen (i re-read the book again a few days before the movie)
Overall I'd give it a 9/10
But, Book > Movie

n00bcub3r

The movie was REALLY good....if you haven't read the books. The movie just left out some details(no spoilers in case you haven't watched the movie). Then again, I came into the movie with really high expectations...
Overall, Book> Movie by a lot. Rating: 8/10 just because of the left out details

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
The book was loads better than the movie. I read it first (little over 1yr ago) and just saw the movie last week. They did leave out a few minor details, but I thought the movie was excellent regardless.

The books were superb, movie was great.
Read the books and watch the movie.