• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] My Average of 5

wensley21

Im stuck with these times for a month now,if you guys have a tip for me to get faster, feel free to post a comment, I would really appriciate it Thanks:)

Last edited by a moderator:

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
possibly a better cube? looks like ur struggling to turn it at very important times. and also your OLL reconigtion. you spend some time turning the top layer seems like you aretryng to figure out your case.

Last edited:

wensley21

possibly a better cube? looks like ur struggling to turn it at very important times. and also your OLL reconigtion. you spend some time turning the top layer tryng to figure out your case.

Yeah! your right! I actually planning to buy a new cube this month,I have this cube since xmas 2010.No Lube and have a Torpedo.Thank you so much!for tip pal :D

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
may I add one more. I am currently a victim of it too and that is cube rotations. I see you do it alot during the F2L. I do it like 50 times per solve so I need to follow my own advise.

jeff081692

WCA
2012JAME03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Go slow and look ahead. You hear this advice a lot on these forums but really this is important. You make a lot pointless U and U' moves when looking for F2L cases because you were not looking ahead properly. When you are working on an F2L case look around the cube for your next pair so when you finish inserting the current pair you know exactly the sequence of moves to do for the next. That would eliminate most of your recognition problems. LL recognition will likely get better over time.
Also work on not looking at the cross pieces when doing the cross and instead scan the cube for your first pair or track a corner. You want cross to F2L transition to be very smooth and the top cubers have almost no delay between cross to first F2L pair. Again this comes down to looking ahead as well.

Other tips would be search the forum for other people that post videos asking to get better that are faster or at your level and look at the feedback they get. It will give you an idea of what to direct efforts on as you do solves.
And if someone reconstructs your solves study them and figure out why you did the unnecessary U or U' turns. Maybe that is an indicator that you need to learn some F2L cases from more angles? Also you can look at reconstructions of top cubers and get some tips on how to do difficult cases from other angles. Once you learn F2L cases from more than one angle you have to work on recognizing them during a solve which just takes practice.

Anyway hope that helped a little. (never gave advice before)

wensley21

Go slow and look ahead. You hear this advice a lot on these forums but really this is important. You make a lot pointless U and U' moves when looking for F2L cases because you were not looking ahead properly. When you are working on an F2L case look around the cube for your next pair so when you finish inserting the current pair you know exactly the sequence of moves to do for the next. That would eliminate most of your recognition problems. LL recognition will likely get better over time.
Also work on not looking at the cross pieces when doing the cross and instead scan the cube for your first pair or track a corner. You want cross to F2L transition to be very smooth and the top cubers have almost no delay between cross to first F2L pair. Again this comes down to looking ahead as well.

Other tips would be search the forum for other people that post videos asking to get better that are faster or at your level and look at the feedback they get. It will give you an idea of what to direct efforts on as you do solves.
And if someone reconstructs your solves study them and figure out why you did the unnecessary U or U' turns. Maybe that is an indicator that you need to learn some F2L cases from more angles? Also you can look at reconstructions of top cubers and get some tips on how to do difficult cases from other angles. Once you learn F2L cases from more than one angle you have to work on recognizing them during a solve which just takes practice.

Anyway hope that helped a little. (never gave advice before)

Yeah I notice that too, pointless U and U' really true,I need to get rid of that. This really help thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! Im a new member here I found this forum really helpful. I'm gonna make another average of 5 next month.Thank you once again.