• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Captain's Cove 2012

brandbest1

WCA
2011LINB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Registration closes in approximately 2 hours!

I'm signed up for 4BLD and 5BLD even though I never had an attempt on either of those and I don't know how to solve 5BLD. But I think I got an idea for 5BLD without using M2. So, I'm signed up for it!

How exactly does an outdoor comp work? How do are the timers plugged in? (A lot of extension cords im guessing). And what if it rains on the day of the comp?

ZACH YOU JINXED IT :(

REVISED GOALS:
2x2: To have all of my solves not fail
3x3: sub 20 average
4x4: sub 1:30
5x5: beat my competition pb and make the cutoff (if there is one)
3BLD: sub-6 success
4BLD: success
5BLD: to figure out how this works
OH: to not fail
Magic: NNNNAAAAARRRRR BABY
M.Magic: podium

Last edited:

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Registration closes in approximately 2 hours!

I'm signed up for 4BLD and 5BLD even though I never had an attempt on either of those and I don't know how to solve 5BLD. But I think I got an idea for 5BLD without using M2. So, I'm signed up for it!

You can learn M2 in like 5 minutes.

Skullush

WCA
2011SAKO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope I get a success in 4BLD... Yesterday I attempted 5 times and all DNFs (~15 min), some were only off by a couple of pieces. After the fifth one I got frustrated and consequently broke my 4x4. Lol.

Sooo I'm not feeling too good about that. How many attempts do we get?

brandbest1

WCA
2011LINB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope I get a success in 4BLD... Yesterday I attempted 5 times and all DNFs (~15 min), some were only off by a couple of pieces. After the fifth one I got frustrated and consequently broke my 4x4. Lol.

Sooo I'm not feeling too good about that. How many attempts do we get?

It says best of 2 on the website.

Haha no Brandon it says its not supposed to rain...

:fp Stupid me. I'm so behind.

cityzach

WCA
2010GOLD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Threw it on the ground. Core broke.
Apparently the carpet didn't provide as much impulse as I thought it would in my blinding rage. Lol.

Haha I did the same thing with mine, except on a hard wood floor. The whole cube exploded and one of the core pieces popped out. Luckily i just screwed it back on and everything was fine haha