• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[video] ChessCube

Sillas

YouTube
Visit Channel
p11041213261.jpg

This cube variation I made around December/2010 - January/2011.
It's inicially a variation of Rubik's Cube applied with chess concepts. Since this time I had working improving this puzzle and making more things. :)
It's already registered.
I'll explain more forward how I did it and why I'm showing only now.
I had this idea seeing the Checken Partner explained by Rafael Cinoto in a video on his site. So, since this I search if it was made before me, and it didn't made. And recently(+- one month ago) I was hacked and this part of my work was robbed. :(
But, at all it's inicially a simple concept.
The cube have 6 faces, and chess have 6 pieces. So the stickers can be applied exactly, as you can see in the video.
With the Checkern Partner you can play chess in any face of cube, and any variation of Rubik's Cube (2x2, 4x4...), if the pieces was of the same size. That's the second simple variation.
My brother help me in somethings after that. :)
Pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...100001919338250&type=1&ref=notif&notif_t=like

Edit: Chess is the most intelligent game invented by humans.

Last edited by a moderator:

pkvk9122

lol, looks pretty uhhh, idk, wouldve been better if you printed it out and stuck it on :p
Other than that good work!

pkvk9122

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It looks very well made, but it is very misleading to describe it as "applying chess concepts" to a cube. You merely applied chess pieces. I got my hopes up for nothing.

Sillas

YouTube
Visit Channel
lol, at first I think it's www.chesscube.com 's video which is an online multiplayer chess game
Is CubeChess. (Cube+Chess)

Pictures uploaded:

In the 6x6 chess game I used 4*3x3 cubes, but I cut off 1 bishop and horse.
The rest are variants using random formats and organization. In somes I found checkmate easily.
And I did one normal game in a 8x8x8, with stickers. Only kicking the pieces that must be moved to the right places. That's perfect to play chess.
More forward I'll show my chess game applied in 3D puzzles. Is a improvement in the old CubeChess. Respecting the moves of each piece.

Last edited: