• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Funfair Models

micronexer

YouTube
Visit Channel
I wondered if anyone here does any sort of modelling of funfair rides? I've been doing it for a few years now and thought I'd share it with you guys. I've done various models in the past, including different roller coaster designs, a octopus ride, a 9ft Ferris Wheel, and more.

Here's a pic of the wheel, which was built over the course of 3 weeks last October and disassembled after a week or so;

100inwheel.png

Also, this is a design I'm doing now;

redbridge2012040900928.jpg

Anyone else do (or has done) anything similar? It'd be pretty interesting to see ^_^

Ernie Pulchny

WCA
2010PULC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've done this stuff before too. I used collect different Knex sets(mostly the roller coaster sets) before I got into cubing. However, I ended up quitting it for 2 years when cubing took up my time. Now I'm currently building a roller coaster in my basement, thanks to nostalgia.

micronexer

YouTube
Visit Channel
Take your cube for a ride on it :p And is it me, or does the rollercoaster go out the window?

Haha, nope the coaster just rests on the window cill :p

I've done this stuff before too. I used collect different Knex sets(mostly the roller coaster sets) before I got into cubing. However, I ended up quitting it for 2 years when cubing took up my time. Now I'm currently building a roller coaster in my basement, thanks to nostalgia.

Awesome. pm me a pic or two of it? :)

*imagines what micronexer could make out of Lego and mentally drifts off topic...*

I barely own any Lego, for me it's K'Nex all the way ^_^

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
emolover: One million?

I call bull****.

Wouldn't be too sure about that luv, although 1m is a big call though...I own around about 30,000 pieces and that sh*t weighs 40kg. 1m is probably best stashed on the ground floor if anything...

apoplectic

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was never much for knex, I was a lego kid. I got rid of all of them, but I'm starting to collect the architecture models now. I've got the Space Needle, Empire State Building, and Rockafeller Center. I am also trying to track down a red biplane I had when I was a kid back in the late 90's.